1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

870 20 gauge LW

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Chief Bob, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Chief Bob

Chief Bob New Member

Does the 870 Wingmaster come in two frame sizes in 20 gauge? I'm looking for a light weight used field gun and don't want to buy a 20 gauge on a 12 gauge frame. I used to have an 870 in 16 gauge, and discovered it was just a 12 gauge with a 16 gauge barrel. I've seen guns posted that are called Light Weight - are they different than the regular 20 gauge? Is the regular 20 gauge 870 on a 12 gauge frame?
  2. quietman15235

quietman15235 New Member

Chief Bob: My memory tells me that a remington 870 lightweight 20 ga is different frame . I had some barrels and i believe i posted them as only for 20 gauge lightweight frame. Memory says I found that info in a Remington manual somewhere. Quietman
  3. asphalt cowboy

asphalt cowboy New Member

Definitely a bird of a difern't feather. The Lightweight is on a smaller 20 gauge receiver. I had a chance to shoot a LW once. There was, to me, a noticeable weight difference from my standard frame.
  4. Chief Bob

Chief Bob New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to reduce my inventory of shotguns (slightly) and want a light weight easy to carry shotgun. I think the 870 is the finest pump design and want another.