870 AOW

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by dmdoyle, May 21, 2007.

1. dmdoyle

dmdoyle New Member

ANyone know where I can find a fore end for my AOW? I bought a speed feed grip set. It had a "bird's head" type pistol grip and a fore end. I had the quick change pistol grip removed and the new grip installed but the fore end is too long for the weapon. I REALLY don't like the fore end that is on there. Anyone know where I can go to get this changed? The AOW is an 870 and hold 3 in the tube, one in the pipe.

I'm brand new here (roughly 10 minutes as of this post) and the search I tried was offering the weapon system. All I need is the fore end.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

3. dmdoyle

dmdoyle New Member

Awesome. I'll definitely look into it. Thanks
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

BTW Welcome aboard
  5. dmdoyle

dmdoyle New Member

Turns out that those are not quite what I need. The Witness Protection model has the fore end I need but I can't seem to find it anywhere. The only place I've found them are on site selling the weapons and I don't need another gun, just the fore end. This is a little aggravating.
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

7. dmdoyle

dmdoyle New Member

So far nothing. Everything I've found is just a little too big or if it is the size I need, it's not in stock. The witness protection models are 4 in tube one in pipe. I have the breacher model which is 3 and 1. Looks like I'm gonna have to try and modify the full size forend that I have or find someone/someplace to make me one.
  8. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

That's what I was going to suggest, cut one down...if you take your time, maybe you can make it look like an original "breacher" forearm too...