870 Flex Tab? & Poliish TRIPLEX?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

CaliCollector
    (9/9/02 6:09:50 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    870 Flex Tab? & Poliish TRIPLEX?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    anyone ever hear of this? i was reading about it on another forum, supposed to prevent your slide from lockin gup should you attempt to accidently chamber a second round right behind the first in the chamber?? news to me, ive never heard of it, but it sounds quite promising. supposedly wilson combat will perform the work for like $160.00 but im too cheap to pay that much. anyone know anything about this?? im going to be checking brownells and see if i cant find something maybe buy the parts and install them myself, just bought my first 870 the other day, and im working on building it into a weapons system, damn big-5 guns dont have everything i want on em, even if it already had the short barrel, mag ext. and the bright orange follower.
    POLISH-
    ive been readin something about these TRIPLEX loads you like.. ever do anything with a Rifled slug on top of some 00 with some #4 buck?? id be interested in hearing more about them things, sound like they have ALOT of potential and promise for a weapons system.

i do have a soft spot for these shortbarreld 12's , my first shotgun was a 8 shot Mossberg secrurity, still need to put some sites on it, thinking about having it parked too. then theres that model 30 you folks have been helpin me with, and now an 870 security. ive been thinking about accuiring another A-5 barrel( jap of course, wont EVER butcher a Belgium ANYTHING) and having it fitted to my old belgium a-5s , decent sites put on, a mag ext. and have a good semi auto quasi-combat shotgun.. any thoughts on that?? Ray in California

ps. sorry bout another Novel, ill try and keep it briefer next time
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/9/02 7:30:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 870 Flex Tab? & Poliish TRIPLEX?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Flexitab system does not prevent the jam from happening, it just makes it clearable without dismantling the shotgun. Involves replacing the carrier, action slide and bolt. All new 12ga 870's including the Express have this feature.

The Wilson upgrade you are talking about is the 'Remington Steal.' For $200, they will do the Flexitab conversion, replace any worn parts as necessary, upgrade the mag follower and safety, and parkerize the shotgun. NOT a bad deal.

Be aware that you Mossberg 500 has an aluminum receiver, which will not parkerize. In order to make it look right, the receiver would need to be beadblasted to the same textuer as the barrel/mag tube and reanodized. Then, it would look like this:

Custom Mossberg 500

Both the Auto-5 and Savage designs have served the US military as combat shotguns, although they have been replaced by updated designs. With care, they would do the job nicely.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 9/9/02 8:33:52 am

CaliCollector
    (9/9/02 8:17:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    AD-
    thats a hell of a good lookin Mossberg, what would it cost to have someone do that to mine?? the park, bead blast and re-andonized reciever, and install some good sites, id keep my stocks the same black plastic that they are already?? mine only has that lil teeniny gold bead. i havent made up my mind what kind of sites id prefer, a ghost ring set up wich seems to be so popular now, some sort of ashley express nite site deal, or a good set of rifle type sites, i know i want NITE SITES in whatever package i decide to eventually go with. any suggestions here? i am familiar with the ghost ring setup, i used to shoot an old 1903 springfield that belonged to a friends dad, i own a mini-14 and have shot several other rifles with peep sites, a ghost is just a BIG peeper right?? actually nite sites are more than i want, they are a must. then im going to have to find me one of them forearms that have a surefire type light in them with a pressure switch on one side and a regular switch on the other. i also have some questions about the old model 97 winchester that id like to talk to ya about one of these days, looks like tween you and Polish you could both educate me greatly there, mainly rumors about them being famous for inadvertantly discharging upon closing the slide. also im glad to hear that my idea for the A-5 would work. thanks alot AD. Ray in California
    ps. just to make sure i understand the Flex Tab properly, my new 870 already has this installed? so all i have to do should i ever panic (god forbid) and try and double shuck the slide and load 2 shells back to back is just shuck it all the way to the rear, kicking out the 2nd shell, and then im back in business, providing there isnt a 3rd shell on the carrier..?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/9/02 8:38:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 870 Flex Tab? & Poliish TRIPLEX?
    CaliCollector....be aware that Polish's triplex loads only work in a Winchester '97. The load is kielbasa and saurkraut held in with a beer bottle cap.....tasty, but seldom fatal!

CaliCollector
    (9/9/02 8:44:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Xracer-
    rotflmao, so if i cant kill em with the load, maybe i can kill em with indigestion???

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/9/02 11:17:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    If your shotgun has a three-sided square cutout in the shell carrier, and a u-shaped cut in the action slide, then it has the factory upgrade.

The black parkerizing and matching anodizing on the Mossberg is $140.00. Sights are going to depend on which brand you decide on. We install the Wilson Combat Trak-Lock system for $155.00.

www.apaxenterprises.com

CaliCollector
    (9/9/02 7:07:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    ok AD thank you again, my next silly question: is the wilson combat trak lock sites adjustable?? id like to be able to put slugs in accuratly to 100 yards, or atleast reasonably accuratly. and does :

"The black parkerizing and matching anodizing on the Mossberg is $140.00. Sights are going to depend on which brand you decide on. We install the Wilson Combat Trak-Lock system for $155.00."

include shipping and insurance, both ways?? Ray in California

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/9/02 7:23:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    The Trak-Lock rear sight is not adjustable. Off-hand, I cant think of a ghost ring rear that is but I'll check.

The prices do not include shipping to us, but do include return shipping.

www.apaxenterprises.com

CaliCollector
    (9/9/02 7:30:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    thank you so much AD. even if its not adjustable, those wilson combat trak lock sites are probly going to be as close to what i need as i can get, unless you can pull a rabbit out of your hat, and find something just as good and rugged. ill be saving my lunch money(just a term i am 26 =) ) and i think ill have you install a set of sites for me in the near future. whats the turn around time?? the parkerized/reandonized finish looks great, but for now, having both done by anyone is alittle out of my price range, so i think my factory blueing will suffice for now. i can ship it out for "repairs" direct to you and have it returned direct to me, correct?? thanks again AD.
    Ray in California

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/9/02 9:50:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Yes, the gun can be returned directly to you.
    www.apaxenterprises.com