870 Tactical Rem Chokes?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by ski9393, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Hey was just curious if anyone had an 870 with one of those longer tactical chokes hanging out the end. If anyone does, I was wondering if the regular rem chokes fit it. I was curious because I might have to buy one of those shotguns but want mine to have the short barrel and a modified choke, that's damn near impossible to find to. A shorter barrel that you can screw a choke into anyway.
    Thanks for the Help!
    Ski9393
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

If it says "Rem Choke," then they are interchangeable. Remington makes two different types of interchangeable chokes (the other style being for the "Spartan" shotguns imported from Russia). The two types are NOT interchangeable with each other.

I got a "Turkey" model that has a 21" barrel, but I've switched the extra-full choke to modified, and it gets rid of all the varmints around here.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  3. Charles Butler

Charles Butler New Member

4. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Great, Charles Butler, that is the kind of choke I was asking about. Camping Josh, I was pretty sure that the Spartans take a stoeger choke, but I don't know for fact. Glad to know if I buy the tactical 870 like Charles Butler's I can put a Modified choke in it. Thanks guys!
  5. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Another question concerning not the 870, but the Mossberg 500, Will the bantam youth barrels fit a grown up size 500? I assume they will, but I'm not sure. Just weighing my options for a shorter shotgun to put in the closet for the chance that I find a "walking snake" in my house one night.