1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

870 wingmaster detent & spring?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by rugerman, Oct 17, 2004.

1. rugerman

rugerman New Member

I have a 870 wingmaster 12ga that I bought in the 70's that has a missing magazine cap detent and spring. I got the parts from remington and my queston is do I really need a special staking tool or can I just use a punch and hammer to stake the parts in place. Thanks rugerman
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

The correct tool actually swages a ring around the circumference of the hole for the detent.

A good, sharp prick punch could be used as long as it is swaged at several points along the circumference. A much more difficult process than using the correct tool.
  3. rugerman

rugerman New Member

Thanks for the reply. rugerman