90 year old back to work

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Jan 13, 2010.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

2. the morning light

the morning light New Member

If the economy doesn't straighten out there will be a lot of pensioners in the same boat in the near future and I hope they can take it with a smile like this old Gentleman!
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

His investment advisor was remiss in his fiduciary responsibility to his client. He never should have put all his eggs in one basket so my advice to them would be to sue the advisor for the full amount. If they win and the advisor truly has nothing then he should take out a loan to repay or pledge a note with repayment terms and interest.
  4. arky501

arky501 New Member

So SAD, guess he wishes he would have paid off the house with some of that money , a house note at 90...wow!! I really respect him for his work ethic!!
  5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Probably going to be in the same boat before Obama and the 111th Congress get through with their assault on the US economy.
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I had breakfast the other day with a nice old gentleman who was talking about how hard it's been for him to get up early so as to be at work on time and that his feet were giving him trouble from having to stand while working at the barber shop. He said he was hoping things would get better as he had just started after having been retired for more than 25 years. I said, wow, you must have retired young. He said,"I'm 87 and find I have to go back to work now." Thanks for the change Obama!