93 marlin

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by leverguns, Dec 14, 2010.

1. leverguns

leverguns New Member

Good evening all. This is my first post. I was given a 93 marlin saddle ring carbine 30-30 serial number 1012. He told me to sell it and buy a rifle I would like. My problem is finding out a value of this gun. Barrel is round blued and 70% Wood appears original and 70%. Reciever appears to be case color/ greyish/ motteled looking. Possibly someone tried to blue it with cold blue? Usually cold blue has an odor, and this gun does not. Maybe this is how case colors look after years. Bolt looks blued like barrell, only brighter color. I would not be afaraid to shoot it. From the research I have done it looks like it was manufactured 1922-23. I just want to represent the gun accurately when I go to sell it. I do not want to mislead any one on it's condition. Sorry for the long post. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Brian
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum can u post some pictures?
  3. leverguns

leverguns New Member

It may take a day or two. I am not real good with technical stuff. My wife can help me. I am just trying to get a feel of the value ranges.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

thats ok i am not either took me a week of trying then i got picture toooo big
  5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I'd write Marlin, send them the info and they'll let ya know all the pertinent info on the gun. As far as price, pics and details are everything. It's difficult to even "guess"timate a price on a 90 yr old gun based soley on a brief description. I would think that based upon your 70% description, that it should bring between $500-650. The guys over at Marlin Collectors should be able to pin down a better number for you though.

Mighty nice of gift you got though; I'd keep it, clean it up and shoot it !

Hope you enjoy TFF and look forward to seeing some pics.
  6. leverguns

leverguns New Member

I will take a few pictures and post. I already purchaced an 1886 Winchester engraved and gold inlayed. Dad knew I would be getting rid of the Marlin for a 1886. That was his deal for me. To help me out. The Marlin is not a keepsake, just a gun he had picked up a few years ago. I also have a 1894 Marlin, 64 Winchester, 9410 Winchester, among others. I wanted an 1886 since I was a young boy. Dad had one. Now dad helped me get one. I love lever guns. Dad also had an original Colt peacemaker. I remember it was nickel, and may have had some engraving on it. The old mad had many guns over the years. 86 Winchesters, 71 Winchesters, more than 50 99 Savages, including a 99pe. I remember that gun well. 1894 Winchesters by the dozen. Browning shotguns till hell wouldn't have them. You name it, he had two of them at one time or another. Sorry for the rambling. Just reliving some of my childhood.