! ! !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JLA, Nov 22, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

sure does sound like that woman has a pair.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We all know that total collapse of the market has been in the works for some time now. I for one have never "invested" in the stock market, to me it is nothing more than gambling. You put up your money, and hope to make a pile with what you have "invested". Same thing with a slot machine, you "invest" by putting money in the machine, and hope you hit the jack pot! Now, don't get me wrong, we gamble every time we leave the house. As long as it's done in moderation, I can accept gambling. the few times I have gambled with money, I just lost it!
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Me too myles. I had an aggressive 401K back in 05-07, I withdrew in 07 because the market began to tip. I paid the penalty and rolled my money in a CD. Where its safe. That thing had just made 6 figures when the market began to tank, and it was back at the height of the housing slump. I still lost more than a few dollars but at least i didnt lose it all.

As far as gambling goes, I dont partake in it much. When i do, I just lose the money..
  5. carver

carver Moderator

If I bet you $10 there was no such thing as Superman, he would appear right next to me within a minute!:eek: I can't win! If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!:D
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

7. zant

zant Active Member

Have been reading Barnhardts blog for quite a while......she is great and someone that puts THEIR money where their mouth is...obviously not a Dimocrat:)
  8. carver

carver Moderator

When I worked at the Post Office we all had a 401. I chose the safe option, no investments at all. Some of the folks I worked with used to tease me by showing me how much they had made. But when everything went to pot in '95, they were all singing a differnt tune! I still had my money, they had a little left, and that was all.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yep Myles, the same dadgum thing happened to my mom and dad in sept 01' when those jihadis crashed the WTC towers. They never recovered.
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah Myles, I have mine in the "G" fund and now, again, everyone who has it in the "C" fund are crying.

I found out yesterday (upon returning from leave) that the plant where I work IS closing down in February or March!! I am strongly considering cashing in my TSP account, paying off my house, and retiring from the PO.
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

George, that probably wouldnt be a bad move. Gettn that house paid for anyway. If SHTF, it would be good to have an asset uncle barry couldnt sieze without a buncha red tape.
  12. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

or heavily armed federal agents:mad:
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Federal agents bleed too...
  14. carver

carver Moderator

It won't make much difference if the house is paid for or not! If they want it, they will take it! Imminent domain, or eminent domain as its known in the United States, is the concept in which the state can use the power of common law to seize a citizen's private property. This generally occurs with a monetary compensation but is enforced regardless of a person's consent.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  15. vytoland

vytoland New Member

we have been sliding into the pit for years. most are too damn fat and lazy to realize it.