1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

98k mauser barrel

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by oldgunfan, Jan 21, 2007.

1. oldgunfan

oldgunfan Member

I bought a 98k mauser that someone was in the middle of making it a sporter, I got it for $125.00 the action is in great shape but the barrel is a bit rusty. Does anyone know where I can buy a 8mm orginal barrel????
  2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Numrich Gun Parts did have some.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

oldgunfan:

In case you didn't know you'll have to have any replacement barrel fitted to your reciever by a gunsmith. The"new" replacement barrel will not headspace correctly so the gunsmith will have to set it back one screw thread and rechamber it correctly with a chamber reamer. All this is necessary as shooting a rifle that is not headspaced correctly is very dangerous because the case can rupture and damage the gun and you. Be sure to do it right for safety's sake.

LDBennett
  4. oldgunfan

oldgunfan Member

Thank's dwarren123, I'll get one from Numrich. I have been looking everywhere. And thank's from LDbennett but I knew that, I have a lathe you can take some off the back of the barrel without a finish reamer, if it's close. I'll put it on first check it with my headspace gauge,some times you get lucky and you don't need to change anything with 98k's if it's a used barrel