9mm ammo at gun shows??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Licksnsticks, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Licksnsticks

Licksnsticks New Member

Hi all
    I was wondering what I might expect to pay at a gun show for a case of 9mm ammo for practice firing. I,m not looking for a set price here but just an educated guess. I want to buy some practice ammo and the lowest price I have found locally seems to be aqbout $11 a box of 50. Can I expect to better this by much at a show normally??
    Thanks for the input all
    Chet
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I have seen Blazer Brass 9mm ammo for $8.75 a box of 50 at Walmart on a regular basis. They finally got some back in....

I have no idea what i case of 500 runs? I saw a case at the gunshow but i can't remember the exact price? It seems like it was in the upper $100 something? I think the brand would make a big difference?
    9mm practice ammo is downright affordable. A person cannot load their own for what it is sold for in stores. Premium ammo is another story!

mike
    gn
  3. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I don't shoot reloads for many reasons, largely due to distrust and the fact that I don't shoot enough to warrant it (if I put 500 rounds a week downrange I could see buying reloads, but at 50-100 every week or two I decide to splurge for the good stuff).

Decent factory ammunition should run up to about $13 for a box of 50. Reloads I have seen about $8. This is all as of a year ago and to the best of my recollection!!!
  4. questor

questor Member

reload ammo at gunShows is a thing of the past. Tooooooooooooo much liability for reloaders to sell their wares at the show.