1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

9mm -- Glock VS Sig VS Taurus

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Patriot, Oct 5, 2005.

?

9mm

Poll closed Oct 17, 2005.
  1. Favorite make and model for concealed carry (3"-4")

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. OR 5" instead?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Patriot

Patriot Guest

OK I know what you are thinking - this is an apples and oranges kind of question since the Taurus is far less money. However, for a concealed carry gun, which I plan to not do a ton of practice with, is any one of these the best pick by far, or are they pretty close? I am thinking about reliability, and easiness to clean (not a total disassembly though).

Thanks.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, since you are not going to practice with it and you therfore you will not know if it is reliable and since you will not clean it properly, DO NOT GET A CARRY LICENSE. PERIOD! Stay well away from guns, get a baseball bat instead. You won't need practice, it is very reliable and you don't have to clean it!
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

You may need to rephrase your question, it seems confusing.

LTS
  4. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I AGREE with you and IPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  5. Patriot

Patriot Guest

OK I AGREE my question was poorly worded.

Let me rephrase it, and clarify a couple of points.

FIRST: I literally meant I was not going to shoot tons of ammo, in my case this means I am going to the range roughly once a month and shoot about 100 rounds on each visit. I guess everything is relative. The first time or two with my new firearm I intend to shoot about 300 rounds to get a very good feel for it, and rest assured I am going to clean it.

SECOND: Since I do not reload, and am not made of money, I am therefore choosing the 9mm since the ammo for it is pretty much the least expensive for a semi auto (I mean using practice ammo - not match or defense quality).

THIRD: Looking at the price range of 500.00 - 600.00 leaves with relatively few choices so I guess I should ask which of you have owned, and liked any of the following:
    Taurus
    Ruger
    Glock

Thanks for the input.

In the future I will take more time and thought in wording my posts in a way that make more sense.

BTW: I agree with the rule that if you are NOT going to practice do not bother to carry.
    -
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well, since Glock was mentioned...i will put my 2cents in....

In my opinion, if you've never owned a Glock before, don't buy a mini Glock first. You have to learn with either a full sized, or medium sized Glock before you get one of those mini Glocks. Glocks trigger takes a while to learn, but is worth it. Glocks are'nt as concealable as others either. I hear the Kahr is a little slimmer and works better for that purpose ? So i hear.

There are many ccw choices out there. CZ has a P-01 or something like that, and the rammy or something in 9mm. Too dang little for me, but who knows....

that be my opinion.

mike
    gn