9mm handgun suggestions

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rizyan, Jan 20, 2012.

1. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

You can find some good deals on the 92fs
  2. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

I have a Sig Pro 2009. Great gun. Very accurate and no failures.
    Donnie D
  3. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

I love my SR9c, have others, but feel totally confident of my 9c, and it's easier to carry than my others. Wouldn't want the teeny 9mm's, my 9c is light on recoil, accurate and Ruger has GREAT customer service. I only mention that because all guns are machines- machines sometimes have problems. Was just reading about a Kahr 9mm that the guy bought cause it was supposed to be so reliable- he's been trying for a week just to get someone to tell him where to send it for repair.
  4. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

Not to surprise anyone but my suggestion is the Beretta 92FS or 92A1. IMHO theyre the best looking gun but the reliability is top notch. Not the best for concealment, but for range use and home defense it's a winner hands down. And yes I have a few Beretta's in my safe. ;)

p.s., I like the rail on the 92A1. thinking about my next purchase already...
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I love my baby desert eagle.
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I just bought this yesterday afternoon. I did not know that Taurus made a PT1911 in 9mm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  7. hotpursuit50

hotpursuit50 New Member

my nightstand: glock 19 ($499.00) wifes: s&w sd-9 (385.00) since the wife is home most of the time, she might be the one that has the need. even with her arthritus, she has no problem with either (lock boxes, racking the slides). both fitted with lasers, so she has one less worry. carry the glock when out and about with no problems. 2-3k rounds each without issue. but like everyone else says, find a range that will let you test drive(if the wife will be using it also, take her too)
  8. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

First, great pic Todd and far surpasses JLA's! Second, George what did you have to pay for that Taurus 1911 9MM? And finally, I know a very nice fellow who loves his Browning Practical, but also has a Ruger P95 and says it's been a flawless firearm, very accurate and inexpensive to purchase.
  9. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

My votes go for Glocks (17&19) and Springfield XDM. The 19 is always on me and the XDM is the wife's. The XDM isn't as comfy for me but she likes it alot. Have not had a single issue with any of them. I do love my Colt Combat Commander in 9mm also, but if I want lesser rounds available, I'm grabbing the .45.
  10. mazdawes

mazdawes New Member

i'm a CZ fan. have two witnesses; one steel compact 9 and the other steel large-frame 9/22lr. big fan.
  11. RockinRiley

RockinRiley New Member

Next month after I get my ccw it will be my M&P 9mm. Full size and an impeccable pistol. Never a misfire yet, easy to work and under 500. Good luck with your decision!
  12. Doug B.

Doug B. New Member

There have been a couple of Berettas mentioned, but not the PX4. I own the type F in 9mm and got into it for under $500.00. Really a good solid firearm that fits me perfectly. Oh....I might add it's very accurate and a hoot to shoot.
  13. Captain Jack

Captain Jack New Member

everyone is right it`s all personal smaller for carry and biger for target and home defence i allways liked the beretta 92fs for target and home my friends like glock 17 for the same we argue all the time just for fun , but really its allabout what works for you so try before you buy
  14. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

I couldn't recommend my Sig 226 any higher. It took a few pennies, but it was well worth every one of them.
  15. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

If I was to ever buy another 9mm auto pistol it would be between a Ruger P-95 or a model by CZ because they look good and I've heard such good things about there quality and performance.
  16. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Take a look at this.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/px4-storm-compact/
  17. Packrat76

Packrat76 New Member

Years ago I started out with a Walther P38, totally reliable and easy to maintain. There are surplus ones available in the shotgun news for around $360. However, I would save up and buy a Beretta M92. I love this weapon, it's accurate and fills your hand, not heavy. Decent sights and 15rds of firepower. I've fired over 2000 rds through mine with a mixture of ball and reloaded hollow points, with no problems. Best of all, it's easy to take down and clean.
  18. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a brand new beretta PX4 Storm 9mm I will sell you for $449.00 and $15.00 shipping. Compare that anywhere.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012