9mm not ejecting case consistantly

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by mark9765, May 14, 2009.

1. mark9765

mark9765 New Member

I just started having a problem at the range today. My XD9 Tactical was not ejecting the spent casings consistantly and not going to slide lock. The specifics:
    9mm 125gr LRN bullets
    4.0gr WSF powder
    Chrono velosity 980+-
    This is usually a good load. I did notice when I got home my barrel was very dirty. I normaly clean after every trip to the range
  2. Bboomer

Bboomer New Member

Not enough info... have you been using this same load with success in the XD before hand? Is this a new load that you are trying? New bullet style, or change of powders or first time using lead bullits in general?

Whats the parameters of your load data? Whats the history of the gun?

How much lead have you ran through your XD? Have you checked for leading? Are your lead bullets sized to your BBL, in other words, have you slugged your bore?

You mention a good load, a good load in reference to what?

Doesn't the XD have polygonal rifling?

Just need a few more details........
  3. Mac0083

Mac0083 New Member

the XD has traditional rifling. it's not like glock's polygon rifling. i have an XD9 tac
  4. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

From the sound of it your slide is not always coming all the way back. Double check the load, you may have accidently loaded up some a little weak. Or, you may have crud building up and preventing the slide's full motion range. If the action was dry, and/or dirty, that would cause it, too. It was dirtier than normal when using that load? Could you have mistakenly used a different powder? Clean the weapon very good, and check every aspect of your load. The culprit is more than likely one of them.
  5. RustyFN

RustyFN New Member

The starting load is 4.0 and may be a little light. I would work it up and see if it improves.
    Rusty