9mm pump or lever rifle

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by taz4, Aug 7, 2010.

1. taz4

taz4 New Member

hey all new to this forum and am an ipsc member in australia.

due to our very restrictive legislation over here we cannot use rifles for our 3 gun matches in WA as most ranges are only pistol certified.

does anyone know of a 9mm rifle that is either pump action or lever as we can license those here

cherrs
    Taz4
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The only 9mm rifles that I am aware of are all semi-auto. They do make pumps in several of the pistol cartridges (copies of the old Colt Lightning) but from all I hear they are not really all that reliable. Your best bet is probably going to be to get a lever in 357, 44 or 45.
  3. old jeff

old jeff New Member

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

3 gun is a speed contest. Bolts are pretty slow. That's probably why he wants a pump or lever.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day mate from the Nazi state of NSW, no levers allowed here , nor pumpies, semi's only for animal control and cull licensed operators , Geralton's looking awful good eh

good luck eh

cheers

jack
  6. taz4

taz4 New Member

yeah over here we are really nazi out of the club enviroment but at least we are still allowed .338's for at least a little while longer
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

a long time ago my grandad did a convertion of a 30-06 pump rifle to a pistol calibre for a guy and it was'nt that hard , geoff tunbridge from fremantle would be good to chat too , he's real good at that sorta stuff Tunbridge sports, in the book

cheers
  8. taz4

taz4 New Member

cheers for that info....i will give him a call
  9. taz4

taz4 New Member

old jeff,
    any info on a bolt action 9mm rifle would be good also