9mm Question

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

jeepkmt
    (2/6/02 3:17:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 9mm Question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,
    Im about to buy a 9mm but I am not sure which one to buy. I want a gun that can handle lots of rounds because I shoot all the time. I have shot a Ruger P89 and liked it but I would like some info on other brands.

thanks
    JeepKMT

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/6/02 3:51:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 9mm Question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings from a fellow off-roader.
    Your best bet would be to go to a shooting range where you can rent a handgun and then try every one you can until you find the one you can't live without. Then go buy one and a bunch of extra magazines for it.
    I couldn't make up my mind what I liked the best so I ended up with four 9mm handguns.
    A open bolt mac 10 with six 30 rd mags
    A T/C contender
    A beretta 92 in stainless and
    A taurus 99
    I have a total of 30 mags for the last two of which 25 are interchangable between the two.
    I also have a open-bolt mac 10 9mm carbine with a 18.5 inch barrel.
    So you can see that I had a hard time deciding what I wanted.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/6/02 10:58:29 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: 9mm Question
    Jeepkmt-
    I have to agree with jeeper1 that the best case scenario is
    to find a range that rents, however if you are looking for a starting point these are my hall of fame 9mm's not necessarily
    in any order, all are reliable -
    1. H & K USP
    2. Browning Hi-Power
    3. Glock 17
    4. Beretta 92F, 92 FS, M-9 or any of this variation
    5. SIG 226
    6. S/W 3913
    7. CZ 75B
    These are all the everday middle of the road (9x19) 9mm that range from $400-700. Any of these will function all day long.
    You just have to find the one YOU like. Good luck and have fun in the quest.
    -ACE

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/6/02 11:04:36 am)
    Yo Jeep. I have a Ruger P89 that has had approximately 7K rnds. through it without malfunction.

I'm sure there are better guns out there but not for the price.

Big plus, Ruger stands behind what they make. My 2cents.

jeepkmt
    (2/6/02 6:17:56 pm)
    Alright everyone thanks for the input. I went to a range today and shot a Ruger P95 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I also shot a Glock 17 and it was just as good. So I think those are my two choices now

Thanks
    Jeepkmt

jeepkmt
    (2/6/02 6:30:35 pm)
    hey needleace,
    Which do you consider a more overall fun gun the SIG226 or the Glock 17

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/7/02 4:03:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: 9mm Question
    Jeepkmt-
    Both are exceptional pieces of work, excellent in function, reliabilty, and will shoot thru almost any unnatural conditions
    and with most any kind of ammo. Though I like everything about the Glock, for some reason I can't hit the 10 ring consistently with a Glock. The G17 is MY most accurate Glock experience and the only one I have had any success with in practice.
    But to answer your question the SIG226 is the one I would pick, only because it fits my hand better and I'm more accurate.
    -ACE

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/7/02 8:07:37 pm)
    Jeep,
    Definately buy a Browning design! A Colt 1911 in 9mm if you can find one, I once had a Star Super B that I still think was probably the best handgun I will ever own. Or find yourself a nice "like new" Belgian Hi-Power(my current best handgun EVER). Anyway, those would be my top picks.
    Liberty Or Death, Baby!
    MO JENKINS