9mm Range report

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by AR guy, Dec 2, 2012.

1. AR guy

AR guy Member

here are my targets from the handgun range. the top two are mine and the bottom two are my sons. we both shot from 35 ft. we both need practice but not too bad I guess. we had a good day both had fun and we came home with twice as much brass as we went there with.I used TG for my loads and some with WSF. both powders worked great. gunna end up going to the rangs alot more since we are reloading now. thanks for all the help.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Right there are the key words. Plus you were firing your reloads.

I spent the day looking out the window and watching it rain so your day was much greater than mine.
  3. AR guy

AR guy Member

You got it.
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Feels good to fire ammo that you handcrafted, doesn't it? Groups will shrink with time and tuning your loads. Looks like the pics uploaded ok from the laptop:)
  5. zant

zant Active Member

Happiness is a warm gun:)
  6. AR guy

AR guy Member

Yeah Woolley I had to use the laptop thanks. Yeah it does feel good, but I gotta say I was a bit scared firing the first round just because I kept thinking did I seated to far, did I put too much powder in, you know just things like that. Boy I was happy when the first round shot good. I was relieved. And happy. Gotta say my son who's 12 shot good for his age.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  7. woolleyworm

the only better feeling in regards to shooting that I've found than pulling the trigger on my first reloads; was watching my son shoot his first reloads.
  8. AR guy

AR guy Member

I gotta say me too, I just made sure I shot 1 or 2 first just for safety and then the rest was mostly his.
  9. woolleyworm

How old is your son? Mine was 10 when I started him into reloading, he is now 12 and loves to reload. Still loves to "unload" more, but he does quite well at the bench. I mostly just watch and double check just for safety's sake.
  10. AR guy

AR guy Member

My son is 12. He has only shot the gun about a half a dozen times so far. He's been bugging me for a year. I just wanted to make sure he was ready. When I took him for his first shoot and he actually saw the gun fire he was scared. I had to push him to shoot it, but after that he went to town. He's not bad for only shooting a few times. He wants to go so often, that's part of the reason I started to reload, cut cost. But he read and watched YouTube videos and showed me how interested he was, what could I say. After showing me he took the time to learn.
  11. AR guy

AR guy Member

After the range I went to the local gun shop and bought a Taurus pt92 9mm. It's a Christmas gift for the boy. He's been showing me that gun for weeks now o he will be surprised when he gets it.
  12. woolleyworm

That's gonna make him happy!! Now you both have a few weeks to get some more reloading done and you'll have plenty of range fodder. My son only has 22's thus far, he loves the little Sig Mosquito the best. He's going to get a hunting rifle this next summer, not sure which one yet, but it will be a 7mm-08. He's shot my 1911 and all my other handguns, except he's only shot 38's in the Blackhawk. I'll let him have some 357's soon though.
  13. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

Too cool:cool::cool:, You'll have to take some video of him opening that one:D:D:D:D
  14. AR guy

AR guy Member

Yeah will do. The only other gn I got is the ruger p95. 9mm I kinda thought it was too big but I also didn't want to buy another just to find out so I said what the hell ill let him shoot it. And low and behold he was pretty good with it, but I still watch him like a hawk.
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Can't wait to see my two sons when they get their first guns; got my first .22 rifle on my 7th birthday and got to shoot with my dad very early on. Helping and learning to reload also, nothing like passing it on.

Sounds like you're on a good track to being a reloading addict; like anything else, once ya do it and get familiar with it, you build confidence and can really make some good ammo tailored to your gun and discipline of shooting. and of course being able to share with family makes it that much better!