1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

9mm shortage

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cheesewiz, Sep 15, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

9mm and .223 are probably the 2 most popular ammunition sizes used in america today. It completely makes sense why you cant find it..
  2. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

That is a FACT ! The numbers are staggering the past 4 years .....
  3. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

Not even close to correct. 22lr outsells them both by massive margin. The military and gov agencies are not buying 22 though so we the civs get most all of.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its been that way for over a century. And since military and LE doesnt use it then it doesnt make sense for it to be included into the scenario does it? Plus you can almost always find .22 rimfire ammo just about anywhere that sells ammo, even hardware stores still. And even during an ammo shortage because it is made and sold my the tons. So lets compare apples to apples.
  5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

the wallyworld by me doesn't order their own ammo. corporate just sends it. the sales staff all say they never know whats coming and or when, so I buy when I see it. btw, they have 100count boxes of 12 gauge low brass, skeet loads for 23 bucks
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I remember when those were 14 bucks a case and 32 bucks a crate.
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Not much of a shortage on most ammo at the gun shops here locally, but usually higher priced than what you can buy it at wmart. But, getting what you "want" or "need" at wmart is another thing in it's self.
    .223 ammo and .22lr....cant get it at wmart here. The bulk boxes of .22lr havent been on their shelves in about 2 months. I asked one of the guys that work there behind the counter, and he said it's on order, but thier main office seems to think that "they" know when they need it and not on what they order.
    I told him, is it me or is that totally screwed up!? Screwed up big time is what it is.

You would think, that when they order the ammo that the DANG store needs as it sells, they woulkd get it? It dont.....messed up is what it is....just my 2 cents worth on wmart!
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

WalMart is in business to make money.
    If your local one lies about how much ammo they have in stock, refusing to sell you more than two boxes - then re-stocking the shelf with two more - I believe you should contact corporate headquarters with this complaint. I feel sure they would not appreciate a local store LIMITING sales like that!
  9. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

So today I went to another Walmart ( we have six here ) and they had all kinds of 9mm. Must be my suburb . Now if Bass Pro would get caught up .....:) I love that place .....

Mark-
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

did you buy em out??
  11. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

No shortage this weekend on 9mm.....
    MamaOzo and I both got a free box at the BBQ :):)
  12. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

No ....but I'm good :) I just know i have to plan ahead for future purchases . But then that is what this is all about really . The weather is cooling here so I will be shooting more .

Mark -
  13. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

SGAMMO.COM has ammo buy the box or case. Fast good prices sales all the time and When I asked about then not having Nagant pistol ammo, 7.62x38R, they started carrying it less than 2 weeks later.
  14. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Damn good family owned company to do business with. Only gripe is ,they're a short drive away ,but they won't sell out the door! :D
  15. g2gunny

g2gunny New Member

I better go stock up on ammo while I still can...especially since they are tracking purchases!