9mm shortage

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cheesewiz, Sep 15, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I remember when those were 14 bucks a case and 32 bucks a crate.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Not much of a shortage on most ammo at the gun shops here locally, but usually higher priced than what you can buy it at wmart. But, getting what you "want" or "need" at wmart is another thing in it's self.
    .223 ammo and .22lr....cant get it at wmart here. The bulk boxes of .22lr havent been on their shelves in about 2 months. I asked one of the guys that work there behind the counter, and he said it's on order, but thier main office seems to think that "they" know when they need it and not on what they order.
    I told him, is it me or is that totally screwed up!? Screwed up big time is what it is.

You would think, that when they order the ammo that the DANG store needs as it sells, they woulkd get it? It dont.....messed up is what it is....just my 2 cents worth on wmart!
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

WalMart is in business to make money.
    If your local one lies about how much ammo they have in stock, refusing to sell you more than two boxes - then re-stocking the shelf with two more - I believe you should contact corporate headquarters with this complaint. I feel sure they would not appreciate a local store LIMITING sales like that!
  4. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

So today I went to another Walmart ( we have six here ) and they had all kinds of 9mm. Must be my suburb . Now if Bass Pro would get caught up .....:) I love that place .....

Mark-
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

did you buy em out??
  6. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

No shortage this weekend on 9mm.....
    MamaOzo and I both got a free box at the BBQ :):)
  7. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

No ....but I'm good :) I just know i have to plan ahead for future purchases . But then that is what this is all about really . The weather is cooling here so I will be shooting more .

Mark -
  8. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

SGAMMO.COM has ammo buy the box or case. Fast good prices sales all the time and When I asked about then not having Nagant pistol ammo, 7.62x38R, they started carrying it less than 2 weeks later.
  9. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Damn good family owned company to do business with. Only gripe is ,they're a short drive away ,but they won't sell out the door! :D
  10. g2gunny

g2gunny New Member

I better go stock up on ammo while I still can...especially since they are tracking purchases!
  11. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Another reason to reload. That and I can make them for about 1/4 the cost of store bought stuff.
  12. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Found lots of 9mm in FMJ, in 115gr and 147 gr and 124gr. but Academy was out of 124gr JHP where I live. Looks like people are stocking up for the zombies come Nov.
  13. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Our stores are full of ammo here in the great state of Indiana.Come and get some.lol
  14. HossFly

HossFly New Member

Tracking ammo purchase? What country do you live in? :confused:
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Me too. Got me some Hornady Critical Defense for the ol CZ75.
  16. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, I got a box of .45 ACP Golden Sabers.

g2gunny, who is tracking ammo purchases?
  17. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

No shortage in Florida...
  18. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

The Ammo truck Came :)

[​IMG]

The ammo truck came ..:dance:

Winchester PDX1 .....Hydra Shock....but my favorite the 100 round Federal value pack for just $ 19.97 !! 115Gr FMJ for every day stuff :)

I love my Walmart .
  19. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

No shortage here in Idaho either :) You can get good prices on-line, just make sure you order enough to justify the shipping. Ammo has to ship via UPS ground (Fedex may also ship it, but UPS is the most common). Shipping for one box is generally ~$14, but add more boxes and the shipping charge generally only goes up by around ~$1 per additional box.
  20. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Exact opposite at our walmarts, both of em. They always have plenty of CorBon, HydraShoks, stuff like that- and the cheap Winchstr wb, but they are out of Federal, UMC FMJs all the time. I went to one 5 days last week- they never had a box of either. I usually buy the Fed FMJ box of a hundred- but the last month or so, no such luck. Went to Academy Thurs, their 9mm shelf looked like they foorgot to order anything but Tul and HydraShoks.