9mm shortage

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cheesewiz, Sep 15, 2012.

1. gandog56

gandog56 Member

May 9, 2008
    Mobile AL.
    Another reason to reload. That and I can make them for about 1/4 the cost of store bought stuff.

2. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Northeast Florida
    Found lots of 9mm in FMJ, in 115gr and 147 gr and 124gr. but Academy was out of 124gr JHP where I live. Looks like people are stocking up for the zombies come Nov.

3. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Jan 28, 2012
    marion indiana
    Our stores are full of ammo here in the great state of Indiana.Come and get some.lol

4. HossFly

HossFly New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Tracking ammo purchase? What country do you live in? :confused:

5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Me too. Got me some Hornady Critical Defense for the ol CZ75.

6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    Yeah, I got a box of .45 ACP Golden Sabers.

g2gunny, who is tracking ammo purchases?

7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

No shortage in Florida...

8. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2012
    The Ammo truck Came :)

[​IMG]

The ammo truck came ..:dance:

Winchester PDX1 .....Hydra Shock....but my favorite the 100 round Federal value pack for just $ 19.97 !! 115Gr FMJ for every day stuff :)

I love my Walmart .

9. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Moore, Idaho
    No shortage here in Idaho either :) You can get good prices on-line, just make sure you order enough to justify the shipping. Ammo has to ship via UPS ground (Fedex may also ship it, but UPS is the most common). Shipping for one box is generally ~$14, but add more boxes and the shipping charge generally only goes up by around ~$1 per additional box.

10. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Oct 11, 2011
    SC
    Exact opposite at our walmarts, both of em. They always have plenty of CorBon, HydraShoks, stuff like that- and the cheap Winchstr wb, but they are out of Federal, UMC FMJs all the time. I went to one 5 days last week- they never had a box of either. I usually buy the Fed FMJ box of a hundred- but the last month or so, no such luck. Went to Academy Thurs, their 9mm shelf looked like they foorgot to order anything but Tul and HydraShoks.

11. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Eastern Missouri
    All the walmarts around here area always well stocked on ammo, as are the local farm and home places and sporting good stores. Guess I'm just lucky.