The Firearms Forum banner

9mm target ammo for SW M&P - recommendations..

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Waldog 
#1 ·
Looking to buy some decent ammo to use for target practice. I usually just buy the cheapest stuff at the range, however I have found their prices are a tad overpriced for what I am getting.

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm, and looking for some decent ammo for target practice. Looking for suggestions from you fine experts! Not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but something that is going to achieve nice results!

#2 ·
Since I started reloading I haven't bought any "factory" ammo, but WWB always worked well for me for my 3 caliber needs.

Short of sales at WalMart or Cabelas look for a good enough deal online to cover any shipping charges.

#6 ·
I'd also recommend http://www.georgia-arms.com. Before I started reloading I bought my ammo from there. It was always good stuff priced right. The last order I placed took a very long time to come through, but that was during the peak of the run.

#9 · (Edited)
There is a 'compromise' to be had for all ammo. Dirty, clean, higher velocity, and most importantly...price.

You mentioned not wanting to just buy it at the range or local gun shoppe. I ALWAYS clean my handguns after every range session so I have never much worried about if they came home cleaner with one particular ammo or the other.I have NEVER in over 40 years of shooting bought any factory ammo that failed to go bang pretty consistently. And if all you are shooting is paper zombies, they don't seem to mind the brand either.

these days with all the shortages, whatever ammo you can find is worth buying? The big box stores and online offer the best opportunity to find a discount, presuming it works out cheaper than the gun shoppe when you figure in shipping costs or your gas money to drive to the nearest big box store.

#10 ·
I have a new Glock 17 that I’ve shot about 200 rounds of WWB 115 grain, and the gun still looks good. Hardly any dirt at all. I broke it down to look just to post in this thread. I’m impressed. Not everyone seems to like WWB, but it’s good ammo in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.