9mm target ammo for SW M&P - recommendations..

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by SSCamaro96, Dec 3, 2009.

1. SSCamaro96

SSCamaro96 New Member

Looking to buy some decent ammo to use for target practice. I usually just buy the cheapest stuff at the range, however I have found their prices are a tad overpriced for what I am getting.

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm, and looking for some decent ammo for target practice. Looking for suggestions from you fine experts! Not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but something that is going to achieve nice results!
  2. RandyP

RandyP Member

Since I started reloading I haven't bought any "factory" ammo, but WWB always worked well for me for my 3 caliber needs.

Short of sales at WalMart or Cabelas look for a good enough deal online to cover any shipping charges.
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

I agree about the Winchester. Not bad, I got a pile of it a few months back, in 100 round boxes.
  4. SSCamaro96

SSCamaro96 New Member

Sorry can you tell me what WWB stands for? Winchester WB...
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Winchester White Box, their most common package.
  6. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

I'd also recommend http://www.georgia-arms.com. Before I started reloading I bought my ammo from there. It was always good stuff priced right. The last order I placed took a very long time to come through, but that was during the peak of the run.
  7. SSCamaro96

SSCamaro96 New Member

Looks like a good buy, however I have read that it is a pretty dirty ammo...is this true? Is there one similar and less dirty?
  8. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Their .22 ammo is dirty, I haven't had any trouble with the other calibers. Well, no more than any other brand, anyway.
  9. RandyP

RandyP Member

There is a 'compromise' to be had for all ammo. Dirty, clean, higher velocity, and most importantly...price.

You mentioned not wanting to just buy it at the range or local gun shoppe. I ALWAYS clean my handguns after every range session so I have never much worried about if they came home cleaner with one particular ammo or the other.I have NEVER in over 40 years of shooting bought any factory ammo that failed to go bang pretty consistently. And if all you are shooting is paper zombies, they don't seem to mind the brand either.

these days with all the shortages, whatever ammo you can find is worth buying? The big box stores and online offer the best opportunity to find a discount, presuming it works out cheaper than the gun shoppe when you figure in shipping costs or your gas money to drive to the nearest big box store.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  10. wingspar

wingspar Member

I have a new Glock 17 that I’ve shot about 200 rounds of WWB 115 grain, and the gun still looks good. Hardly any dirt at all. I broke it down to look just to post in this thread. I’m impressed. Not everyone seems to like WWB, but it’s good ammo in my opinion.
  11. Waldog

Waldog Member

Learn to reload!! I load 9mm for about $9 a hundred with lead bullets.