9mm vs 38acp

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Gail of Maine, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Jonathan Metelski

Jonathan Metelski New Member

my i think that a ruger lc9 would be a great choice it is 7+1 and very litle felt recoil and a 38acp is an under power gun when you can get 2 more shots of 9mm the lc9 retails for 500 i think it is a good deal.
  2. Ruger_Fan

Ruger_Fan Former Guest

If one is having recoil problems with a 38 spl they need another grip or the gun just doesn't fit them. I don't even shoot 38 spl ammo in my 357mag pistols. I have 9mm pistols that fill the same role. There is a reason not many 9mm revolvers are made. A 38 spl fills the same role. If you want a 9mm buy a semi-auto. In the long run you will be much happier.

There is a 38acp that went all but extinct with the introduction of the 1911. The 38 acp just couldn't find a niche. It didn't have the heft of the 45 acp and the 38 spl was a perfect mate to the 357 making it much easier to manufacture both weapons and ammo.
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I have sold allot of 38s And have 2 on order right now.
    Mike
  4. Ruger_Fan

Ruger_Fan Former Guest

38 ACP? Come on! Tell us the truth. I could see 38 super because it fills a niche with reloaders but 38 acp?
  5. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I don't bs.
    There are some that want them for back ups and others for there wife's.
    One on order is the pink lady from charter and the other is a S&W bodyguard.
    Most of the others were Ruger.
    Mike
  6. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

38 special.. kick? Hmm.. mine has about zero kick - hardly even notice that I fired something. However, I do NOT use +p ammo in my .38 - it is an old pistol from the 1960's and isn't really designed for +p ammo. It does shoot fine though and I prefer it's single action to it's double action. I bought it missing the cylinder lock ball and with a damaged cylinder lock spring then, found the parts from a place in Georgia and repaired it.

9mm is likely to have more kick than standard .38 with the exception of +p.

Personally, I'm trying to buy a Bernardelli .380 - not sure I'll be able to get it, but I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for it.
  7. Ruger_Fan

Ruger_Fan Former Guest

Errmmm, dude none of those manufacturers make a 38 ACP. So I have to raise the BS flag high. they do make a 38 special. The 38 acp is a frikin dinosaur. I doubt anyone manufacturers ammo for a 38 acp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38_ACP
  8. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

38s is a special.Re read my post and let me know ware I said acp.
    I was saying that they are still a wanted cal. that's all.
    You are new here so why don't you back down before you yell BS
    I know you will come back and say 38s is not 38spc so before you do look at the undercover lite that is sometimes listed as a 38s.
    And if you looked at the guns I said you would know they are 38s or as you would say 38spc or 38sp not 38acp..
    DUDE
    Mike
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  9. Ruger_Fan

Ruger_Fan Former Guest

If I was looking you in the eye I would have said the same thing. The title of the thread is 38 acp vs 9mm. Anyone that read what each of us quoted would think you are talking about a 38 acp. Just because I am new here doesn't mean I don't have the right to call BS when I see it.

I really don't give a damn if you all like me or not. It has already been made very clear that you all don't like me so I am going to call BS even faster.
  10. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thank you....
  11. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Not like you? Hell, we don't even know you yet.
  12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Looks like we never will.
  13. Mach2

Mach2 New Member

Nothing shoots easier than the 38spc. That's why it was used by police for a hundred years. That's why it's special. If you don't have a 38 in your collection you're missing out on an experience.
  14. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

There was allot of comments about the 38sp and I did type 38s not 38acp and if we were face to face you would have gotten a wake up call to pay attention.
    That did not take long. :lmao2:
    BYE BYE!!!!!!!
    Thanks mods!!!!!
    I guess I was not the only one that the troll got upset.
    Mike
  15. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member