1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

9mm vs 40SW-which one and why

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by AdamMO, May 23, 2011.

1. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

It all depends on the gun and the GUNNER. My current "working" set includes ONLY those handguns that I am able to shoot and control well. I have one each in all the most popular handgun cartridges (well, two .45 ACPs) and have fired dozens of others - when or if you get the chance to compare different styles and configurations - you will find one that becomes part of YOU - that's the one to keep and use.
  2. AmmoForSale.com

AmmoForSale.com New Member

I only have one 40 S&W handgun remaining in my collection. I prefer the 9mm for affordablity and capacity. There is no difference in accuracy, although most shooters will say that they can shoot faster follow up shots with a 9mm.

I will say that during the post election run on ammo. The only stuff I could find with any regularity was 40 S&W ammo. That's why I keep at least one firearm in my stable chambered in the 40.

cluznar Former Guest

Range gun get a 9mm, less expensive ammo less recoil. What do you need great firepower at the range for?