9mm Wolf or Silver Bear Ammo Reviews

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Rhuga, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

Has anyone tried this ammo? I have a Hi-Point C-9 9mm Pistol and I am wondering how this ammo would work to break in this gun. The price is great.
    Please include your experience with any other ammo such as Lawman, Sellier & Belloit, USA Ammo, Tula,,,Etc.
  2. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

Wolf or Siver bear are both worth what they cost.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That stuff would be ite for the Hi-Point. I dont much care for running steel cased stuff thru my CZs or 1911s. But a Hi-Point, I wouldnt hesitate to run whatever shot cheapest. While they are very reliable little turds, the Hi-Point pistols arent known for their match winning accuracy. so run whatever shoots.
  4. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

I've never shot any of these in 9mm, but have used some in other calibers (.45, .223, .308, etc.). The Wolf and Silver Bear is pretty good ammo IMO, but is filthy. S&B is very good quality, at least what I have shot is. Lawman is made by Speer and is on par with American Eagle, and Winchester white box. I've never shot the USA or Tula that i can recall.

5. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I have one of the hi-point 9mm rifles 995TS coming in this weekend. I figure I will be blasting whatever the cheap ammo of the day is at their shop.

I have fired wolf and silver bear out of other guns - not the best, dirty, but so far has not caused any failures and goes bang every time.
  6. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Silver bear (Barnaul) is much better quality than Wolf (Tula) is. The 145 grain JHP by Silver bear is actualy a very accurate and reliable round aswell. If you have a choice pick the Barnaul first and Tula second.
  7. ReloadRob

ReloadRob New Member

I run steal case through just about anything. With the exception of some larger rifle stuff.
    I have used 9,40,45,7.62,225, 5.45, and 308. No problems, except maybe being a little dirty.
  8. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I've fired 500 rounds of Silver Bear through my Beretta 9mm, no failures, stuff worked great, it is a bit dirty. No experience with Wolf.