.9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Crpdeth, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

For some reason I just dont shoot the 9mm like I should, but I just wanted to mention to those who may not know, your "friendly" neighborhood Walmart has the best deal I have found on 9mm ammo lately, Winchester 115grn fmj "target" 100 rnd value pack for 10.96 a box, product code USA9MMVP (white box) Decent stuff in my evaluation/firearm, and made in the USA, I called the manager last week and was informed that a shipment would be in today, so I went and bought them out... According to the clerk, they have a hard time keeping them in stock...If you find a better deal than this please let me know.

~Crp
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Much less expensive than the UMC, when you can get it.

Our Wal-Mart had one box and sold it before I inquired while waiting for the clerk to finish with a customer. There it went!!!!
  3. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

Donny: I can't reload that cheap. I started buying that stuff as my 9MM brass was getting old and this is a lazy way to get new brass:D
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

seems reasonable. :)
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Marlin, sounds like our sporting goods clerk was right, she told a similar story. Anyway, I found that by giving them the product code over the phone, they will "look it up" if their in a good mood, and let you know approx when the shipment will arrive, so you can stock up for a good range day...I love to look through magazines and websites for ammo deals, but lately I haven't found any good deals on .9mm even in bulk. Also, I dont know about your store, but ours "auto re-orders" after the last box is sold, so in the least, there is always some on the way.

A friend of mine thinks he remembers Sellier and Bellot at Cheaper Than Dirt for around 2.50 per box of 50 in large quanities, but God love him, I think he was dreaming, cheapest I see is 6.75 for target grade.

Smoky, my thoughts exactally, I have all the stuff to roll my own, but I cant load for this price, especially when you figure in hours spent....I'd rather load .45 fmj's and buy the 9mm while I can...if the price goes up, or they discontinue, then, like you say, we can start hauling our once fired brass out. :D

~Crp
  6. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

7. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

last few boxes i bought was junk twenty percent of them keyholed and at least two miss fires per box of 100
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Never trust anything but my own loads. Then again, would never be caught with a 9mm.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Thanks John, I cant find where they offer bulk purchases like you mentioned though, I only find their S&B 9mm Luger 115gr Full Metal Jacket 50pk (6.19 per box, 123.80 for 20 boxes before shipping).

Plano, maybe not, but I caught you reading a thread about ".9mm" interested in one or something?

Attached Files:

10. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

9mm Luger 124grain
    1,000 rounds 2003 production
    115$

+P+ Hirtenberger
    1,200 rounds 1900`s production
    150$

SOG prices.

Easy to find cheaper and boatloads to buy.

Wolf 9mm 115grain
    1,000 rounds
    New production
    90$

S&B 9mm 115grain
    1,000 rounds new production
    115$

LTS
  11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Thanks for listing some more options LTS, but the only deal you listed that is cheaper than the Winchester, is the Wolf... that I can see, which I'd certainlly consider since I really dont need the brass anyway, shipping charges are usually what ruin a "good deal" on internet orders. :mad: Gonna look at some of that Wolf though.

~Crp
  12. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Crpdeth, look at the bottom of the homepage for their 1000rd. specials. They list Wolf down there, too.
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Okay John, I see it now, thanks...Not a bad price on the Wolf especially if we can keep the shipping reasonable.

~Crpdeth
  14. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

Crpdeth
    i would buy a few rounds local ,and see if your gun can shoot it ,it is made with steel cases and some firearms won't feed or eject it properly
  15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Thanks for the heads up Bro, I can always use it!
    I did run a few boxes of Wolf through the Colt .45 recently and was surprised with the results, although having the normal leary feelings while shooting Wolf...
    Your right though, I owe it to myself to buy a couple boxes of 9's local before buying a case...It's not like I'm needing it right away or practicing with the 9mm that often anyway.

~Crp
  16. Bullseye

Bullseye New Member

The Gander Mountain up in Ft. Wayne has the Winchester 100 round boxes for the same price as WM - they are always well stocked. Shoots well in my Sig P239. I can reload cheaper but there is the time factor and no fun in reloading the tiny 9mm cases!