1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

9X21, 9X23

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

John Lawson
    (9/3/02 6:43:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 9X21, 9X23
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is anyone working on a 9X21 or a 9X23 project?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/3/02 7:10:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 9X21, 9X23
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Huh?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/3/02 9:34:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 9X21, 9X23
    I have a friend building a new IPSC pistol in 9x23. He seems to think it may be better than his current .38 super racegun. I don't.

Maybe a little less recoil but what will that matter with a compansated barrel?

I feel he just wants to do something different, as I did when I built my racegun in .40S&W.

buckaroobarnes
    (12/16/02 10:16:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 9x21
    Howdy John,
    I built a racgun in 9x21 quite a few years ago when the supported/ unsupported rule came into effect in IPSC. Works quite well, skirts the rule, and is simple and easy to reload. If you are VERY careful you can make a lotta gas pressure (with the right powder) which makes the comp work extremely well. The case capacity of the super and all the other "longer" cases is not really important and you can "limit" the slide travel on a 1911 a little which give you faster "lock time". I think I still have a 9x21 reamer in the shop. Lemmeno what you are working on and I'll try to give you some ideas.