A 597 Surprise!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by raven18, Jun 7, 2009.

1. raven18

raven18 New Member

Well i have heard how hard it is to find mags for the 597. I was at dicks today and ran into a shelf stuffed with standard mags and some 30 rd mags :eek: i was very surprised and very happy :D so i'm set with mags now
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

congrats congrats, any good rifle needs an assortment of mags. although i havent had any experiance with the 597, i have held a few at gunstores, and they have a good feel to me.

how does yours shoot?
  3. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Hasn't been a problem getting 597 mags here in ND...10/22 mags have been in short supply since last fall though.
    I finally broke down and bought a couple of the 3rd-gen mags from the local Gander Mountain store to replace the two 1st-gen mags I got with my 597. I understand that Remington will still exchange the 1st-gen clips (the plastic ones) with the current 3rd-gen style for no charge but I haven't checked into that yet.

I haven't tried any of the aftermarket high-cap mags for the 597 since the balance point of the rifle when carrying it seems to be right on the magazine, plus I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from the inconsistent feeding I had with all those cheap RamLine extended mags I tried in my 10/22 when I was a kid.
    How are those 30rd mags working out?