1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

A 597 Surprise!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by raven18, Jun 7, 2009.

1. raven18

raven18 New Member

Well i have heard how hard it is to find mags for the 597. I was at dicks today and ran into a shelf stuffed with standard mags and some 30 rd mags :eek: i was very surprised and very happy :D so i'm set with mags now
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

congrats congrats, any good rifle needs an assortment of mags. although i havent had any experiance with the 597, i have held a few at gunstores, and they have a good feel to me.

how does yours shoot?
  3. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Hasn't been a problem getting 597 mags here in ND...10/22 mags have been in short supply since last fall though.
    I finally broke down and bought a couple of the 3rd-gen mags from the local Gander Mountain store to replace the two 1st-gen mags I got with my 597. I understand that Remington will still exchange the 1st-gen clips (the plastic ones) with the current 3rd-gen style for no charge but I haven't checked into that yet.

I haven't tried any of the aftermarket high-cap mags for the 597 since the balance point of the rifle when carrying it seems to be right on the magazine, plus I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from the inconsistent feeding I had with all those cheap RamLine extended mags I tried in my 10/22 when I was a kid.
    How are those 30rd mags working out?