A big NEGATIVE Infinite Arms

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by CampingJosh, Aug 24, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I placed an order with Infinite Arms back on the morning of August 2, and I've been having trouble with it ever since.

I placed the order and submitted payment, which processed through my bank on August 3 (a Wednesday). I was headed out of town on Thursday anyway, so I didn't think about the order until I got back on Monday and it had not arrived. I looked up the order status on their site, and it was listed as "processing." Since Tuesday was a full week after placing the order, I called then to try to check the status. My call wasn't answered, so I left a message. I understand small shops, so I didn't think much about it. Later in the day, I sent a follow up e-mail also.

Two days later (second Thursday after the order was placed), I sent a second e-mail, and I began calling with some frequency (4-6 times daily). Never an answer to the phone, and no response of any kind. :mad:

Finally, on Sunday the 14th--12 days after the order was placed--I received a return phone call (from a different phone number). I was told that gentleman I was speaking to (owner?) had been out of town with a family emergency and that his main employee had done nothing while he was gone. He could tell from my voicemails that I was getting somewhat agitated, so he asked if I wanted a refund or if I still wanted my order. I told him to please send the order, and he said it would ship out first thing Monday (August 15). I should then have it in my hands on Wednesday or Thursday (17th or 18th). He promised an e-mail with tracking data.

When I still had not received that e-mail on Tuesday afternoon, I called the shop. For the first time, the phone was answered. The guy on the phone seemed genuinely helpful, but he said it would take him a few minutes to look up details about my order. He took my phone number and promised to call me back in 10 minutes. :rolleyes: I called them back after 20 and again numerous times throughout that day and the next, but no one picked up the phone again. I left messages at both phone numbers I now have from them (the second of which is definitely a cell phone number), but nothing came of it. :mad:

Thursday came around, and I still hadn’t received the order, I hadn't even gotten a shipping confirmation, and my account on their site still showed the order as "processing." They still hadn't shipped the order 16 days later, five days after directly promising to ship it out "first thing in the morning." :mad::mad:

On Friday, August 19 (17 days after the order was placed), I got a phone call. They claimed that it had shipped out on Wednesday (the 17th). I did not get the shipping confirmation e-mail, but he said they've been having some trouble with that (software related, he claimed). He said that he would text me the tracking number in 15 minutes or so. That never happened. :mad::mad::mad:

I called again on Monday the 22nd. I gave him my order number, and he said it would take him a few minutes to look it up. He promised to call back in 5 minutes. (This may have been the same guy who never called me back before; I couldn’t remember the voice.) I wasn’t keen on letting him off the phone, but I didn’t have time to just hang on there for as long it was going to take him.

No call back. No answer when I called them. Again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But 3 hours later, I got a shipping-confirmation e-mail. Yeah, when they claimed that it had already shipped, it was outright false.

InfiniteArmsOrder.jpg

Now, it’s not a big deal, but I like UPS as a delivery company. Their driver is the most courteous of all who bring stuff here, and their tracking system is by far the best. I choose UPS shipping whenever possible, often even choosing a different supplier if they only ship with someone else. It’s been long enough that I really don’t remember if I got to choose UPS or if that’s just who they said would ship it, but you can see on my order that it claims it will be shipped by UPS in two spots. It was shipped USPS priority, which is a slower, cheaper service. Not what I paid for.

Finally, on August 24 (22 days after I placed the order), I received a package. It was drop-shipped from another supplier, and apparently communication between the two is poor.

Here is the description of the item I actually ordered (emphasis added):
    InfiniteArmsDescription.jpg

Here is a picture of what I actually received:
    AR Upper.JPG

As you can see from the description, I was expecting a railed gas block, not the A2 that I received. I don’t really care that much, but it’s just another example of disregard for customer service.

At this point, I have not even mounted this upper onto my lower receiver. If there is anything wrong with it, I'm going to deal with the supplier directly.

Still, I am quite comfortable stating that I would not recommend Infinite Arms to anyone. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Thanks for the heads up, brother. Very sorry for your woes - never heard of 'em til now. Interesting that their website shows 177 items in stock, and 10,426 special order items.
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

That's a shame I was looking at them for when I get to finish my stripped lower. I think I will stick with Del-Ton.
  4. H-D

H-D Active Member

An ar build is in my near future but will not purchase anything from them thanks for the heads up
  5. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

think i'll stick with del ton too. Im not a fan of crappy service in this life or the next.
  6. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Del Ton's CS is amazing. They actually seem to care about their customers.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Heres the thing that gets me... The unit CJ ordered says there are over 35 units in stock on the webpage. So why did he get a drop shipment from a different supplier?? Is this Infinite arms just a middle man claiming to be a warehouse distributor?? I wont be buying from them. Even if they were the last supplier on earth with what I needed in a Zombie apocalypse.. I rather throw rocks at zombies than put up with the mess CJ has endured.
  8. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I agree.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I can throw pretty heavy rocks fairly accurately anyway..:D
  10. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

We will get you a slingshot too.
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Another fan here. When one of my uppers was ready to ship, I called to check on it. I was told that the vented shroud was still on backorder, and they gave me some options. I picked another, and it shipped the next day.

Very happy with their servicce.

CJ, your ordeal sounds very much like another I've read here (can't remember when). It read almost word for word. Two weeks later, no contact, out of town, two more weeks, etc.

I feel for ya. Thanks for the warning.
  12. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with drop shipping and using another supplier to do so. Problem is not shipping the item and not using the shipper he paid for and not being the right part and his weeks and weeks of anguish and frustration trying to get a hold of someone. I dont get it.
  13. CampingJosh

I talked to the supplier this afternoon, giving him the short version of this story. He told me that his policy has always been the same: ship the same day that he gets paid. So I paid on the 2nd, but he got paid on the 22nd. Sounds like cash flow issues.

He told me that he is done providing drop shipments for them. I don't blame him; I wouldn't want my business associated with that level of service.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  14. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

That is just terrible......BTW, who was the supplier? I don't know if I missed that bit of info or not.
  15. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

CJ, I feel your pain!
  16. CampingJosh

I didn't say. The supplier was Arm America, and I talked to a guy named Scott (I think it's also a one-man show).
    He was great, and I would purchase from him again. His current website is a place holder, as he mostly works as a distributor. He is developing a full website for retail sales, but he didn't say when it would be ready.
  17. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Out of curiosity, I just had to check this nit-wit outfit out and found that they aren't doing business anymore, at least for the time being. However it looks as though I. A. is planning a comeback so buyer beware.

"For now we have closed our online store while we finish moving our storefront.

If you have any questions you can contact us at 702-920-0804 or sales@infinitearms.com"
  18. Juker

Juker New Member

Looks like good riddance. There are webfronts in every industry, from firearms to travel to car parts. "Give me your money and I'll order it for you, while you sit and wait and look at all the pretty pictures I've put up on my website."

When I stumble across an online store I've never used, I google their name plus "scam" or "fraud" and see if there are any complaints on the web. It's helped me avoid landmines several times.
  19. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I'm truely sorry for your troubles CJ. It is the exact opposite of my experience last week. I e=mailed the business what I was looking for he immediately answered what he had When it wasn't what I wanted he said he could get me what I wanted in 2 days I agreed, he ordered it and shipped it out to me in 2 days when he received it. No delays, no confusion = HAPPY CAMPER. And what business was this you ask? Why none other than our own DoubleD's gun shop. You couldn't ask for a better person to deal with ( as you can probably tell I'm very happy).If you are looking for a new gun call DoubleD. :D:D:D:D