A bright American future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CampingJosh, Oct 23, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...44646/World-power-swings-back-to-America.html

According to this article, world power is in the process of swinging back to America.

Here are the key points from the articles:
    • We (the U.S.) now supply 72% of our own oil demands, which is up from 50% 10 years ago. And that supply is growing much faster than demand.
    • Wage inflation in China is causing major corporations to bring manufacturing back to the US.
    • Europe's insistence on a strong Euro has driven away manufacturing from there, so maybe the Fed's zero interest policy is working for us. (My analysis; the article definitely portrays this as a positive.)
    • Our population is still growing, unlike all other developed nations.

Maybe the doom and gloom outlook is off base. Maybe, just maybe, our best days are still in front of us. Our country is in a precarious place.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

China just made it legal to chain workers at their benches , so that may be a stumbling point , cant ask for more wages while your chained to your machine eh?
  3. Warith

Warith Member

So China not only pays slave labor wages but not its actualy slave labor to boot. :(
  4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

deleted
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  5. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

it's a start though. the thing about trends is that they take time to have a major impact. we didn't lose our manufacturing base and fuel independence overnight, and we won't get it back overnight; these things take time.
  6. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Slow but shure we are getting it back.It will take some time and maybe when we get it back we will not forget what it was like when we lost it and we won't let it happen again.
  7. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Strawberry or raspberry?

Im not tasting it so you guys tell me.
  8. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I'll never forget my time overseas in the military. I've never found anywheres else I'd be happier at, with the amount of freedom I take for granted, or more economically secure; life is quite good always has been for our family.

I know there's problems but America has an innate recipe for survival & success and I believe she will come around financially if those professional politicals ever cut back on the spending.
  9. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Not sure I can get in that line yet either, especially with the "Free Trade Agreements" expanding and the "Cross Border Trucking" now in effect.
  10. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

still smells like......yep! sure does!!!
  11. ofitg

ofitg New Member

I have my doubts about that first factoid.... according to this chart from a gov't website, we are actually producing less oil than we did 10 years ago.

With production nearly flat over the past 10 years, I suspect that the first factoid reflects a drop in demand (due to the sick economy).

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=A

Attached Files:

12. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

It looks like they got their facts from Wikipedia.
  13. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

I think we'll bonce back just like after Jimmy Carter.I really think these companys are holding back just to see whay's going to happen.Like more regulations,taxes and health care before they hire or expand.Think about wouldn't you do the same they might need there cash to try to survive.Right!!!!!