A Brother-in-Arms Lost His Struggle

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by GConn, Apr 27, 2011.

1. GConn

GConn Member

I will necessarily need to be discreet in the reporting of this, but it is with great sadness that I report a fellow-firearms enthusiast, hunter and outdoors-man with a severe, years-long case of Multiple Sclerosis, lost his battle this Easter Sunday, and took his life here in Virginia.

May God Bless Nick T.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Sorry to hear , too many good folks lose out to their own hand.
  3. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

That's a hard row to hoe, and, sometimes, a decision is made to end the pain. I've been fighting a similar fight for over 20 years. Except for a very strong wife and knowing the pain I would cause her, I might have called it a day. Came very close more than once but through prayer and her love, turned away.

I pray for peace and healing for the family. May God watch over them.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dave, I pray for you too brother. I too suffer from a cronic pain condition that never goes away but it is nothing in comparison. Anytime someone makes the decision to end their own life, it is very hard for those left behind to cope with. I pray that you never take that route. I am sorry for this persons family and I pray that they find some comfort now knowing the pain and suffering that person lived with is over, but I hope nobody else considers that way out.
  5. Horse Marine

Horse Marine New Member

so sad to hear about the loss of a fellow sportsman. Many people don't realize the struggle we have dealing with our individual disability and the long term toll it can take on us. May he be at peace and whole now. I am seven years in myself going from healthy and mobile to wheelchair mobility and oxygen therapy myself. Fight the good fight and stay the course. Bless us all.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Amen to that
  7. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

When a man(myself)n starts feeling sorry for his own conditions, it sure puts things in perspective when you look at what some are coping with on a daily basis. Struggle on, if you can and God bless you. I'll never judge another man's actions without being in his shoes.
  8. pulltabbob

pulltabbob New Member

Sorry to hear about the lose of your friend.

I too suffer from severe cronic pain. I have thought about taking the easy way out but am stopped by the thought of what will happen to my family. I just have to stop and look around at others that are suffering more than I will ever endure and think that I am very lucky.

If anyone else has thoughts of going out with a bang, please call a help line.
  9. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I too know what it is to live in constant pain. But I'll tell you what helps me the most. ...... Huntin' & Fishin'. Yep, and thats the truth. I may hurt like hell after I get home, but while in the field, my pain drops consideratly.
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry to hear this.
    May he R.I.P.
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

many prayers sent