A Brown bear in my garage today watching me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Nov 17, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No matter where I am at he watches me, where ever I go he goes. He's my bud though, so he's pretty welcome to be around. Reloading would be quite different without him.:D

Attached Files:

2. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

That's a fine looking freind you have there!
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

At least there's one dude around there with presentable looks..... :D:D

Ya can't beat a dog, they are our example from God about loyalty and devotion. ( and how to make a very good sad face when you steal the last of the thin mint or drop the wifes favorite crystal vase )
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

looks like my chocolate lab Seamus. Has white hair chin also!

Always had a dog growing up, my first was a purebred dalmation, very very smart dog.

lab is about 90lbs, turns 7 this January, how time flies!
  5. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Mighty fine companion highboy. Wish MY biggest concern was picking a comfortable spot on the floor to stretch out. These days it would be the getting back up off the floor that would be the test.
  6. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Nice Dog,,,,Pretty active too
  7. woolleyworm

Hey Jim, I'd suggest you get him one of those big dog beds if he doesn't have one already. He'll enjoy it and as he get's older, it will be better for his joints.
  8. 76Highboy

Oh he's got a big heavy duty fluffy dogie bed. He just likes to lay on the cool concrete floor. Plus, above where he was laying was his bacon-jerky treats and his dog bone stash. Yep, he's a lucky dog.
  9. woolleyworm

:D:D:D Smart dog, lucky you !
  10. 76Highboy

I can't not take care of the guy that has so much loyalty for me. Wait until he gets his Turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. I get it from Zamzow's. It's turkey dinner in a can for dog's. I will give it to him for at least a week. And then he will get it during x-mas and new years. I know how to make a dog love me.
  11. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

is that how you got the wife to love you?

our dog follows me around and looks at me like I am king. I picked him from the pound and he knows it. I should also mention how we have talks. I sit down and tell him calmly what I expect and he immediately changes behavior, including when I told him to be quiet outside.
  12. 76Highboy

I can see it now:

68c15: "Hey Duke old boy, how are you today? Lets sit down and have a talk. Your a good boy Duke. I love you so much. Hey Duke, you need to start barking when people come around at night because I am a big Candy and I cry easy. But please don't tell my wife. Anyway Duke, your a good boy. Thanks for protecting me because I really can't shoot a gun too good"

Duke thinking: "68, your a dumb@$$. Can you just take me back to the dog pound?" :D Wag, wag, wag. (he, he, he :na-na:)
  13. 76Highboy

Yes 68, it starts all over again. :D
  14. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

"the beast" my but.
    He's just a big sweety,yes he is.:p
  15. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

HB, his name is Max and he is a lab/golden retriever mix. some days I think he is smarter than you. after all he would never ride in an old rusty broke down ford let alone buy one. if you ever come to visit he would be nice to you then obey my command to take the tennis balls from your walker and still be kind enough to bring you your life alert bracelet. then while you are laying on the floor yelling "help, I have fallen and cant get up" he would lick your face.
    he knows right from left, turns lights on or off based on command, and does what I tell him just by looking at my face. almost like he reads my mind

I'm ready for stage 2 buddy ;)
  16. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

good looking dog
  17. 76Highboy

68C15: "OK Max'A-Million, were going to play a game."

Max: Deer in the head light look.

68C13.9: "I want you to see if you can read my mind Max. OK, boy, go for it."

Max: "Lets see, 68's a retard, he is envious of Highboy's rusty old truck, and he really wishes he owned a squirrel. What the?!?:tapfoot:."

68c12.2: OK boy, what was I thinking?

Max: Deer in the head light look.

68c11.1 : Come on boy, don't let me down. I hated it when Mr. Ed held back. Now, I am going to think real hard and I want you to try to figure out what I am saying.

Max: "OK, um, you are thinking that your own shorts stink, which I totally agree. Your thinking you would like a pink bicycle with a dinggy bell, and you like pink cotton candy. What a loser. Crud, you also voted for Obama!"

68c09: "Max, what was I thinking boy?"

Max: "Hmmm, he doesn't realize I can't talk. That explains why he parks in the handicapped space at the psycho ward. That also explains why he tries to sniff his own butt."

68c07.1: "OK Max. Lets try this. See this? It's a reloading press and I am going to teach you to reload. First this is a boolit. See Max?"

Max: "A Boolit, sheesh that's a completed cartridge. This guy is out to lunch, and I think he has flea's because I have been itching lately."

68c03.1 "OK Max, enough is enough. Quit itching yourself and look up at me. What am I thinking max?"

Max: "You are thinking that you are not happy because I can lick my butt and you can't."

68c01: "Oh Max, good Max. I love it when you like my face, good puppy, good poppy. Here, let me give you a big old puppy kiss. Good Max."

Max: "That's it, I don't like kisses, this is where I will show him that I know how to turn the light switch to the off position."

68c00: "HELP!!! Max, I'm afraid of the dark. Max! Max! Max!!!" Deer in the head light look.

Max: "Hey, this recliner is pretty comfy. Little does 68c00000 know I can also turn the dead bolt to that room. I bet old Jake sure has a good time over at Highboy's place. There they shoot squirrels instead of petting them and they don't eat pink cotton candy. He also knows the difference between a bullet and a cartridge and jake gets his own Thanksgiving Turkey dinner for about 3 weeks out of the year. That's it, I'm gonna pee on 68's boots tonight."
  18. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think we need another highboy production...
  19. 76Highboy

:D
  20. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

keep talking and I may just have to tell everyone what you told me on the phone. hehehe

I think your doctor implanted you with a sense of humor. you have been on a roll lately