A Citizen Militia in Bossier Parish, LA

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by carver, Mar 5, 2010.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The story is found here: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...office_cites_islamic_terror_cells_in_boss.php

Baswell made clear that the terrorist threat was part of the motivation for the parish's controversial "Operation Exodus." As we reported yesterday, Sheriff Larry Deen has announced a plan to arm volunteers with shotguns, riot shields, batons, and a .50-caliber machine gun mounted on a "war wagon," and has begun training them in "hand-to-hand combat" and other techniques, as part of a program to provide security in the event of a terrorist attack or civic unrest.
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well at least someone understands what the Constitution meant when it said said "militia."

As a side note, am I the only one that saw that ad from boldprogressives.org on that site. The one with Kay Hagan asking if she'll be the lead for a public option. I wanted to vomit when she won the Senate race here in NC. At least I can say I didn't vote for her.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

A little glimmer of light.
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

What a great idea. Every state should allow qualified citizens to form and volunteer to become a card carrying member of a well regulated militia and as such be entitled to exercise their Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms at all times, in any place without having to have a CCW permit. The militia membership card should be accepted in every state as a legal, Constitutional right to carry permit. Don't leave home without it!
  5. jestor

jestor New Member

22 states allready have state militias that report to the governor through the state's adjutant general, and cannot be as easily federalized the way a states national guard can. I don't know much about my states (Mississippi) state militia. Here is an intresting link to them
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Forces
  6. mascott

mascott New Member

while I totally respect a well armed militia and citizenry be careful about a government run one. they may learn many things you might not want the left liberals to know.We( being ms.)now have a good governor in place but that could change on our next election, heaven forbid.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Ed Baswell is the Sheriff in Bossier Parish, used to be our local news anchor on TV. He has always seemed to be one of the good guys. Might be the reason that he left the local station. The meteorologist that is there now is another one these. I have met him personally at a Global Warming seminar locally, and he tells me that some of the folks he works with just don't get it. I hope he doesn't leave too!
  8. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Did anyone read the comments?

Personally I think the Sheriff is onto something. In an emergency he will have extra resources that he can draw on who have some idea of going about the business of keeping Parish residents safe. The occurrence of an attack is not the time to try to find reinforcements and let them know what is expected.

As I have warned on other threads, an attack on our schools or malls by a group of 20-30 armed terrorists could be a major catastrophe. Just think the School attack in Beslan, E. Osetia in 2004 (?) Look at this if you have the stomach. Check it quick because a lot of resources on this atrocity have disappeared from the internet in the last few months.

http://images.google.com/images?cli...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCEQsAQwAw
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

What the crap?! NC has a law allowing the governor to form a state defense force, but yet we don't have one. And with that flaming left-wing liberal whackamole Bev Purdue in Raleigh, we won't be forming one any time soon either:rolleyes: