A concerted effort??

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Redhand, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Someone take this idea and run with it. It needs some planning and organizing and someone who will lead it. Most mass media depend upon advertising in order to get out their propagandizing and lies. If we could organize a boycott of the tube for a day or weekend it would definitely hurt them and get their attention,and show them that many folks are tired of the BS. And all it takes is the will power to do it. It won't cost anything and may even save you a couple of pennies. It will show the powers that are that Americans are sick of the crap and can come together to regain our greatness. Just an idea that poped into my head. Someone tell me when and I will certainly participate and can get many others to do the same.:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::eek::D
  2. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Sign me up. I'm here 100X more than in front of the TV anyways.
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't watch TV anyway but the problem I see is if everyone on the forum shut their tv at the same time for one day or even a week it would have no effect. Too many TV dependent welfare junkies and too many "Reality" show brainwashed people in the world. People would not know how to give up their TV.

It's a great idea but unfortunately it just won't work. However, if you can get it going I'm in.
  4. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Rather than boycotting TV itself, why not pick a particular network, show, or group of shows within a given time block on that network, then let the sponsors know that you're boycotting the network / shows which advertise their products, and furthermore refuse to buy their products? It could be done on a rotating basis, one network one week, one the next, etc. - sort of like an electronic flash mob. Chances are it'd get someone's attention.
  5. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Slackers don't do anything but watch TV and breed.:(
  6. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

The numbers are massively against you, even with just cable, satellite, or broadcast tv. If you factor in the number of people who watch "tv" on their computer or cell phone, it's even more. You can't make the media outlets change their programming because of the 1st Amendment. They have the same rights you do. Just because you or I happen to not like it is irrelevant.

I don't like to pursue lost causes, since it just adds frustration and raises my blood pressure, but let me know how it works out for you.
  7. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

nope, they also steal oxygen from other people! hahahaa :D

oxygen thieves...
  8. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

I can't be of much help because I never watch TV!
  9. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Sounds to me like NMKENZIE has the right idea about approaching this situation but like the others who have posted, advertisers don't pay big bucks to to set around and worry about their market share or how many people they won't be reaching. The rest will just set in their comfort zone on their gas passing duffs and do nothing but suck up air to pass more gas(hot air). My intent was to get the attention of the mess media thru their wallets, and not to hurt business. We need a tool to get the attention of those biased,bigoted,deceiving,purveyors of mis-information and propaganda,lying self-righteous boobs and their tubes thru which all their BS flows.:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::eek: