A couple different questions?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

shooter22
    (12/16/01 5:56:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All A couple different questions?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live In one of the most screwed up states in these United States--Missouri. We are one of only five to seven states that have no carry concealed. Now I carry in my car or any vehicle I travel in. It is perfectly legal to carry openly and loaded that way. If and when we do get CC, which would I be better off carrying, My Para Ordnance P-16 converted to 10mm and carrying 20 rounds of Black Talons, or My Springfield Armory V-16 45 Super with .45 talons loaded to the super specs at about 1000+fps for a 230G Black Talon bullets(Reloaded BT's to the super cart specs), but only 10 rounds?

Being In a wheelchair, I have lots of conceal spots, should I carry both? Keep in mind, I do have a tendency to venture into some bad parts of KC, and St Louis.

warpig883
    (12/16/01 9:52:16 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: A couple different questions?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am partial to the Springfield. If you got room to carry two why not three
    Know what?

tuckerd1
    (12/16/01 4:25:51 pm)
    I love my SA V-16. I never thought of it as a ccw pistol. But, I guess if you got a place to hide it, it definitely is powerful enuf!
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/16/01 9:38:20 pm)
    HEY! We ain't got no bad parts in St. Louis - it's just that some areas are more desireable than others. I pack a PA63 in 380ACP in the summer in lighter clothing, and a Star PD45 in the winter in those "less desireable" locations. Geez Kevin - you could pack all sorts of hardware in that chair!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

weaver302
    (3/14/02 9:49:44 pm)
    Can't go wrong with a 10!
    How had was the P-16 to convert? Ream the barrel and add a stiffer spring?
    If you did deside to carry the P-16 10mm, I would rethink the ammo choice. The origonal BlackTalon load was pretty near .40 Swishy Walker specs if I remember correctly. 175gr Silvertips make a good carry load IMO.

www.dvc-labs.com
    Find out how your carry load performs

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/02 9:12:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: A couple different questions?
    Cor-Bon. Accept no substitutes.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer