A day of nothing but relaxing and shooting.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Zane71464, Aug 28, 2010.

1. MYREDTAIL

MYREDTAIL New Member

Nice Zane I love my Nylon 66 had it since 1977 would never part with it for anything a great gun, to bad Rem stoped making them.?
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Thanks Myredtail, those Nylons are something else.
    +1 on, the never parting...that's the way with my 1st one and now this second one turned out to be a good one as well. IMHO, the best .22lr Remington ever made, The 700 for centerfire and the Nylon for rimfire...
  3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I tried some of your relaxing and shooting today as it was beautiful out with clear skies, no wind and close to 70 degrees. Won't be many like this the rest of this year. I was shooting a Marlin 60 and a Winchester 9422 at mostly 50 yards. Had some giggles today too as I got involved and a witness protection program. I was alone today but there was a gutsy little ground squirrel that decided to witness my shooting. He was sitting at the base of a tree about 20 yards further down range and evidently watching the bullets impact the leaves and dirt after they had gone through the cardboard target. I could see him in the scope along with the target and figured he would move on after I shot a few times but that was not the case. That brassy little booger just hung around for over 50 rounds. He would move around some but come right back to his perch and witness the shooting. Just had to protect that little rascal.

I will blame my poor shooting on the distraction caused by the squirrel. :D

Todd
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

your 'poor shooting' looks pretty good to me todd. I can see the yeller centers on those shoot-n-see targets and it dont look like a round is outta place... thats one lucky squirrel, ifn hed a showed up on my range Ida had me a new hide for the collection and a nice squirrel and fried taters with gravy dinner...;)
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Josh, that little fellow was chipmunk and would'nt make a grease spot in the skillet. Now if he was gray squirrel he would have been a goner.

Saw a nice six point buck on the range and they are tearing up the ground where we poured some of that mineral stuff as an attractant.

You don't want to see the 100 yard targets, yuck, looks like I was firing buck shot as they were spread all over the place. :(

Todd
  6. Zane71464

That's some pretty good shooting to be distracted by a chipmunk Todd..!
    If that little "critter" only knew what danger he "could" have been in..:eek:
    It was a good day, (perfect day) to be out. The last couple of days all day long, I was daydreaming of doing some shooting..:( Nothing like "those" kind of days Todd...and I agree with you, I doubt we will have many more of them, a person ought to make the most of what's left, wont be long til the snow is flying and the wind is blowing.
  7. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

This week has been beautiful in Ohio. This is my kinda weather ! Sunny and in the 60's and 70's. I've been at the range every day this week shooting and collecting brass. It's been a great week for brass collecting !
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

dang windy here. 30+ mph wind gusts. I shot some 150 yard targets with my model 5 trying to dope the wind. It was pretty fun, but to give you an idea of the dope, I was getting as much wind drift as i was getting bullet drop at 150yds :eek: but managed to keep the 40 gr super speeds within 3 inches of each other once i got on target...
  9. Zane71464

Dang JLA, 30+ mph gusts and trying (and doing) doping the wind...That's the ticket! Ya gotta love it, and as you did, it can be done.:) That's what I was doing @ 500yds, but costing me a buck a shot...:eek: (long story short...) had some 150grs. that I really wasnt going to use and thought why not? I needed the practise! Wasnt as bad as 30 mph gusts though...just alot of crosswinds between me and the target.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

trees on both sides of your shooting lane eh? trees and other tall obstructions do the same thing to wind as rocks in the river do to water. It can really botch a long shot on a big buck...
  11. da357mag

da357mag New Member

If you don't like the "sweet" series scopes because of the start mag, why not try a centerpoint 4-16x40AO. It is a mil-dot illuminated rectical and at $70 there not a bad deal!:D Doug
  12. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I'll second that emotion :)

I love my CP scopes :D
  13. Zane71464

I'm with you both on that!!! Heck yeah....I only had one problem with the 3-9x32 and had it replaced. Got it back on and back in action and no complaints!
    The 4-16x 40 I have had for well over a year now....well, I'm 100% satisfied with it's performance!