The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A day to say thanks to Bill and Jim....

14K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  fishhead 
#1 ·
#4 ·
My copy arrived today. As expected it is well written in Bill's usual style. There is considerable data to be found in this book which cannot be found in any other publication. Unfortunately, alot of data did not make it into this addition because of the untimely death of Bill and then Jim. For exameple, the thread on The American Double Action revolver previously posted in this forum has alot more in depth information on this model which never made it into the book. The publisher encountered a great deal of trouble getting the book into print and should be congratulated on the effort. With increased interest in H&R revolvers I'm sure we will see revised editions with more info to come.

#5 ·
My copy arrived today. As expected it is well written in Bill's usual style. There is considerable data to be found in this book which cannot be found in any other publication. Unfortunately, alot of data did not make it into this addition because of the untimely death of Bill and then Jim. For exameple, the thread on The American Double Action revolver previously posted in this forum has alot more in depth information on this model which never made it into the book. The publisher encountered a great deal of trouble getting the book into print and should be congratulated on the effort. With increased interest in H&R revolvers I'm sure we will see revised editions with more info to come.
Hopefully either Bill or Jim has an heir interested in following through with their work.

I'm not sure Jim's children were all that interested in his H&R/Charter Arms/Iver Johnson work. I don't know if Bill had any offspring to carry on his work.

BTW - I'm still saving up for a copy of this new book. I'm working from notes I took from Jim's postings and our private conversations. I know there is more to be had with this book.

#7 ·
Got my copy in the mail today. What a great book! I was surprised at how big it is. Roughly 3 times the size of the Iver Johnson book.
But H&R made a LOT of rifles and shotguns as well. I see why the book is $90. The cost to make this book must have been 30 or 4o bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.