A day with a Fellow Ranger

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

RGRWJB
    (1/6/02 12:27:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    A day with a Fellow Ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just completed a great day with Capt. (Ranger) Bob Prince. He was the Assault team leader of the WWII 6th Ranger Bn. raid on the Japanese POW camp at Cabantuan. This is the POW camp that held the Allied prisoners of war from the Bataan death march.
    I had gone with my friend Ranger Larsen and we had a great talk about the raid, politics and many other Ranger topics. He was also nice enough to sign my book "Ghost Soldiers" by Hampton Sides.

Special Operations Forum
    pub55.ezboard.com/fcollec...35625frm13

Xracer
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/6/02 9:23:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: A day with a Fellow Ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like you had a fine time.

How about passing on some of his stories?

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/9/02 12:10:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: A day with a Fellow Ranger
    What an experience, I'm envious...

NOTHING like a "first hand" interview, and what REALLY sucks is that 1000 WWII vets die EACH DAY, most having never told their story to anyone...no matter how small a part they played, they are ALL heroes...

We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915