A fallen Soldier (Ohio)

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by tjeffords, Aug 19, 2012.

1. tjeffords

tjeffords New Member

If any one is close to Delphos, Ohio I could use some help.

On Tuesday, August 21st there will be a funeral for Chief Petty Officer Keith Bemis of the Navy. **If you have not hear or read The Westboro Baptist Church announced a protest being organized for Tuesday, August 21 in proximity of St. John’s Catholic Church (331 E 2nd St, Delphos, OH) **The family is asking for help to create a wall around the church so they can morn in peace and not have to deal with the harassment of this hate group ( The Westboro Baptist Church) **Any and all help will be appreciated!!! *

**This is the announcement Westboro released: **
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

They need to march on Washington instead. what do these ignorant people think they are accomplishing by protesting at a Seamans funeral?
  3. tjeffords

tjeffords New Member

They've been all over the place doin this.
  4. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The huffington post article gagged me.
    I have NO LOVE for Obama, but he is RIGHT on this one; it is no more a limitation on free speech than preventing me from standing on the corner and cursing soundly each woman that passes me.
    These idiots need to be STOPPED.

Is Rolling Thunder aware of this planned protest? They do a GREAT job of thwarting these idiots - -
  7. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Lord, I come before you this morning upholding the family and friends of Keith Bemis.
    I ask that you would be with each one tomorrow as they pay their final respects to this young man that gave his last measure of devotion to our country. I ask that you would strengthen them, and give them some measure of peace where there cannot be understanding.

And Lord, Westboro Baptist Church intends to interrupt this memorial service, as they have so many others. I ask that you would stop them, Father. I ask that you would give them flat tires, empty gas tanks, and engine failures. I ask that you would cause them to fall into the pit which they dig for others.
    I also ask that you would protect anyone who interferes with this Westboro group, and protect them from legal repurcussions for any action they may take.

And I ask all of this in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Lion of Judah.

Amen -
  8. Ed Wagner

Ed Wagner Member

I live next door in Paulding County, I am a Navy vet, and a former Van Wert County Deputy, I will be there!
  9. Krogen

Krogen Member

Thank you, Ed. You will be representing more than just yourself - much more.