A few questions

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by smBass, Jan 21, 2005.

1. smBass

smBass New Member

I'm pretty new to pistols/revolvers. In fact, I've only ever fired rifles. But I am interested in learning to use all types of firearms.

As for my question, there are two pistols I have questions about. The FN Forty-Nine and the Walther P99. I've read alot about these but I was just wondering if I can get any feedback about them from anyone who've used one.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see ya at TFF, smBass.

I can't answer your question but I am sure someone will be along soon that can.

Hope you will stay around a while and post often!

Attached Files:

3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Welcome to TFF. Pull up a stump, and have a look around. There is lots of info here.

Don't know much about the FN, but I liked the P-99 enough that I got one for the wife, and she likes it. With the interchangeable backstraps for the grips, it was the one that “fit” her hand the best, using the smallest of the three that are available. The mag release is in the trigger guard (like my USP) which “for us” makes it easier to release the mags. No repositioning of the hand at all. I don’t care much for where the decocker is, but she doesn’t mind, and that is what is important.

If you get one of these, do you know which trigger profile you want? The Anti Stress Trigger, or the Quick Action one? The Anti Stress on a DAO is a LONG trigger pull, a little over ½ inch and breaks about 9 lbs. The Quick Action has a shorter travel, about .22 inch and breaks a little over 7 lbs.