A fun day shooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:D:D Yes, smile when you say how old he is; I'm maybe just as old as he is. Or maybe he is as old as I am... :D:D

Whatever his age, he sounds like a great guy to take you out for a great day of shooting and driving. Looks like you both had fun.
  2. 01brian

01brian New Member

sounds like a fantastic day!!!
  3. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Thats an awesome story jim thanks for sharing buddy.oh yeah this is dirty Ryan and dont forget it lol
  4. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

Devyn is lucky to have a grandpa like you, highboy. even though I've lived with my grandpa for most of my life we grew apart when I was Devyn's age. really wish I could go back in time and have a relationship with my grandpa like you guys have.
  5. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

Nice handgun collection you got there.I remember my Dad letting me and my brothers drive his pickup truck on country dirt roads when we were kids.Looks like you had a fun day.
  6. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Awesome , sounds like you guys had a blast and those memory's will last a lifetime.
  7. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

way to go Gramps!! (does that help with feeling old? LOL)

my oldest boy will be 14 in 2 weeks. we finished the hunter safety course yesterday with the little 20 gauges. he said they were pretty light and asked to give my supermag a try. after a few 2 3/4" low brass rounds he asked if I had anything bigger. he went through eight 3 1/2" T's and said "that's enough".

next weekend we dig the soon-to-be-his 68 GMC out of hibernation and he can cut his teeth on that.
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice 68. We'll need some pics of him with it.
  9. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I don't think you want pics. it is far from beauty but it is at least safe and fully functional. I smoked a Porsche Cayenne a few years ago with it.
    he knows it's heritage and wants to make it one solid color. why, I don't understand. must be a kid thing :shrug:
  10. bobski

bobski Former Guest

howd you both do on that 1100?
  11. 76Highboy

Ok Bob. I had not shot a shotgun for about 20 years. My friend had A Winchester 12 gauge and I of course had my 1100. Out of maybe 7 or 8 I think I hit 4 or 5. The trap was not working good so we swithched to the handguns and the .22 rifles. I will be taking the 1100 out every chance I get. It was fun.
  12. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

Sounds like we both had great day Jim, and better than that great memories with you and your grandson and me and my dau
  13. 76Highboy

Thanks 25. My grandson just left to go home. We had an amazing weekend. After shooting on Saturday the 7 year old joind us and we set up the Hot Wheels track and just being honest, my Corvette's won. I guess the old man is just too much for them. Sunday after church we hit Fred Meyers and loaded up on a few Hot Wheels and the boys came back and had races while I rototilled the garden.

The cool thing is when we were shooting I took a bunch of pics of him and he took some of me. So today we went to Walmart (after Fred Meyers) and printed the pics. We then put them in a miniature photo album and took he took them home.

Even though we are all gun guys we all know the most important thing about shooting with our family are the great memories.

Thanks everyone,
    Jim

P.S. Before the two boys went home two other grandkids came in with their mother and the energy rose when once again they found out that my Hot Wheels won the distance run. These poor kids always lose and are determined to take me down. They will be going to the store and getting some more to beat me with. What can I say, my cars are fast.
  14. bobski

bobski Former Guest

my redlines are faster. real cast metal on those babies.
  15. 76Highboy

Race for titles??? Come on big boy.