A funny thing happened on the way to Wisconsin...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Juker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Juker

Juker New Member

A funny thing happened on the way to Wisconsin ...

or, Signs o'the Times...

or, Sticker Shock.

Once or twice a year I have to drive up to Wisconsin on business. The good part is, it's business, and money. The bad part is, I have to drive through Chicago, that cesspool of anti-gun laws and political machinery, and the dark twisted heart of the Obozo system. There is where The One ascended to his Hitler-esque podium on election night, annointed by the swooming masses as Oprah and Jesse Jackson drummed up tears for the cameras. And my route means I have to journey northward on I-294, the extortion tollway that costs me $4.90 in tolls each way in the 75-mile stretch between I-80 and the Wisconsin border. Picture "Death Race 3000", and you have I-294, a veritable road rage rally of bad manners and complete disregard for other human beings.

On this sojourn back in 2008, I was visually accosted by the number of vehicles sporting the Pepsi Generation Obozo Logo (Ologo?), operated by those who had plunged gleefully headfirst into the Olympic pool of Kool-Aid and slurped hungrily from the sludge at the bottom; who, in finest Revelation-esque prophecy, had taken the mark. They were everywhere, a visual onslaught. There was no avoiding them. Rare was the vehicle not sporting the Ologo, alerting the world to the fact that herein drives an individual completely lacking in rational thought and common sense.

So on this day I had braced myself once again. And a funny thing happened.

Out of the thousands of cars with which I shared the road today, I did not spot a single Ologo. Not one. Zero, zilch, zip. Nada. Not one Ologo, and not one Obozo 2012 sticker.

Granted, countless numbers of these stickers were lost in the Cash For Clunkers program, but one would think, wouldn't one, that a true Obot would take up the cause anew, and christen their new ride with a fresh Ologo? Or could this somehow have a much brighter connotation?