A good 22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by John1 S, Aug 25, 2010.

1. John1 S

John1 S New Member

would get this one . about 35 yds.

Attached Files:

• 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

thats why i cant hunt squirrel... cause i cant spot them rascals very well.
  3. group17

group17 New Member

Or hit a neighbors house a mile away if you missed.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Shoot thats an easy target;) I shoot bees with mine
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with ya there JLA, the dragonfly's are good practice! Ive had a few good days of nothing but plinking and a good break it was.
  6. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

you should not be hunting if houses are with in a mile. Don't be lazy and get out in the woods
  7. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yeah, I'd probably be able to nail that little sucker with no problem.

My 10/22 at 50 yards with Federal Bulk 550 from Walmart::eek:

10-22_04.jpg

I use a Simmons 3 X 9 scope set at 6 power.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Nice group snakedriver, here are a couple from my Rem 5 at 50 yds using Aguila golden eagle match rifle 40 gr. solids. I could shoot the hair off gnats arse with it...:D

My Rem 5 is set up with a set of steel tip off rings from warne, and mounted with a Burris fullfield II 3-9X40mm. I set it to 6X for 50 yds and closer as well...;)

Attached Files:

9. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]100 yard target, 10 shots fired in 12-25 mph winds a few days ago with Ruger 10/22 and Simmons 3-9x40 scope using Remington Golden bullets. Not the best 100 yard target but considering the ammo and the wind not bad. For squirrel I prefer 50' or closer. The little fellers move around a lot more than this stationary target did and my old peepers take awhile to find them and focus. .
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

cool salami been rotten target. I want some:)
  11. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

That's some real nice shooting too! One of these days I'll have to break down and spend a few extra bucks for some "match" ammo and see what my .22's can REALLY do, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with the way they do on the cheap bulk stuff as long as it's not Remington Golden Bullets. :D
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I wanna try Lapua, but at 15 bucks for 50 rounds I wouldnt shoot it for fear of wasting it:eek:
  13. Railroad Bob

Railroad Bob New Member

Nice thing(s) about .22 rifles...you don't have to spend a ton of bucks on the rifle (or the ammo) to have an economical, accurate, fun and easy to shoot set-up...I can still tack-drive with the old Remington "511-X Scoremaster" my dad gave me for a (best) Christmas present many many! years ago. I never even "shot my eye out" with it, either like in the evergreen old movie A Christmas Story. I know- that was a Red Ryder BB gun!

As I've aged and got more disposable dollars- I've gravitated toward the Czech Republic's fine CZ rifles; both rimfire and CF. But the old Remington still cracks them off just fine. Good luck to the OP in your selection/ .22 rimfire shooting will always be one of the simple pleasures of life, huh guys?

Bob:)
  14. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Bob, I still have my old Remington 512 Sportmaster bolt action that my Dad gave me when I was 10 y.o. and what a great .22 rifle it is. Awesome accurate and fun for all to enjoy. :)
  15. Railroad Bob

Railroad Bob New Member

Snake-- sounds like we both had pretty good Dads, eh?:) I still sure miss mine-- he was gone way back in 1996 and I try to honor him in what he tried to teach me; sportsmanship, honesty, ethics, and last but not least-- straight shooting!;) Our old Remingtons will probably outlast us- the stock is a little small for me now, but I still roll it out once in awhile for ventilating a few cans and bottles out in the Desert---he also taught me to "clean up my messes," haha!