a good disarm technique

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by skullfr, Jul 19, 2012.

1. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I was looking for a good disarm move.This is very effective.I practice this move.The first time I tried it on my 22 yr old son he didnt know what was going to happen.I told him to seriously try and rob me and not hesitate on trigger pull.He could not fire before I almost broke his finger.Be careful with your partner as IT can break thier finger.This works on people in wheelchairs as you can still move out of the way.

http://youtu.be/TIiTUMarSg0
  2. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's one of my favorite videos on disarms.

But, this is more my Style-- Start watching at the 3:35

http://youtu.be/bbNjvNz5mBc

Here's another good one-

http://youtu.be/gQNDMfOVV8M

This one is pretty much my go to and it happens that fast every time. I'm currently trying to teach this to my wife.

Both of these techniques are not hard to learn and are easy for even physically challenged people to execute.
    -
    -
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Saw the title and thought of this.

This is why you be careful with your light saber. Disarmed him pretty damn good.

Attached Files:

4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

practicing set disarms is good but remember they are never what you expect so be fluid

think , fast , act , defend if needed but keep them on the back foot

do it once, final,

and that leaves you at the least risk

never pity or fret for a opponent, make him comfy after ..
  5. Country101

Country101 Active Member

No, jack, just close his eyes or move him inside the house if needed. People with a gun on you should end up dead. Dead men tell no tales and dont sue either.....
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no carry here remember..

no knife carry in burbs either

and been jumped by jihadi's a few times here

i wish , but i made do with pineapple .. 2lb canned
  7. Country101

Country101 Active Member

ah, I forget. Well, if pineapple is what ya got, use it. Personnally, I would go for a good can of hormel chili. Something to stick to thier ribs. ...and head....
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Knowing how to do these things is great! Practice untill you can do it without thinking about it. For us older guys, and gals, that don't move to swiftly anymore, the best thing is to not get yourself into such situations in the first place! Situational Awarness is your first line of defense! Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you see.
  9. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Great video! That stuff should be taught during CCW classes.
  10. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I do not say it is a cure all but just another for the toolbox.Nothing works well in all situations but this technique works in a close contact situation even seated.I carry a bag of nasty tricks which most are developed over years of street fighting.My favorite I carry is a roll of quarters.It is illegal to have brass knucks but money for laundry is legal.I have broken a few jaws with this and a strike to the groin ends all actions.And like Carver said SA is the best 1st line of defense.
  11. tcox4freedom

You bringing up a roll of quarters got me thinking if an extra magazine would work just as well. Of course this wouldn't make sense to anyone that didn't CC. (But, it seems it would work in the same way.)

Personally, I try not to use my fists in a fight. I've had my right hand broken three times & my left broken twice. So, I prefer palm strikes & chops.

I bet a fully charged extended magazine might also make a could striking weapon. The hammer strikes and jabs from a charged 45acp magazine to places like the temple, throat, ribs, neck, etc would probably be pretty devastating.

I've never done it in real life. But, in practice it seems pretty effective.

-
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  12. skullfr

skullfr New Member

anything almost can be a weapon.hot coffee,clipboard the list goes on.I also carry a cheap ink pen.A strike in ear,throat rib cage can produce enough of a wound to allow drawing your handgun.I have a kubaton on my keychain and a manriki chain in my bag of woe.A 3 ft chain wrapped around a neck allows you to choke into submission or death.A strike allows me 3ft space between us and up against a skull it will smash it.The most deadly weapon you have is your brain.Quick thinking,decisive strike and merciless attack is your best offense.I respect law enforcement but they are mainly a reactive force.I am the 1st responder,they are the cleanup crew.LIke I and other have said it is SA first and reacting swiftly in a violent attack is your best defense.I have avoided situations just by merely putting on my game face and making them aware I am not prey but a dangerous predator.Street criminals do not want a fight.They are looking for easy prey that will not fight.And sadly most walk about with prey stamped all over them
  13. tcox4freedom

Plus 1+
  14. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

War story alert.
    I was working 4X12 with a partner and we had 15 minutes left til end of shift. It had been a gruelling night with call after call. We had hit a call box and ordered a couple cold ones at our local cop pub. As we were making our way toward the station we came to an intersection. Here two cars were going the wrong way on a one way street, coming in our direction. We agreed that warnings were in order, and I approached the first vehicle as my partner walked to the second. I smiled at the driver, who appeared to be in his thirties, african american, wearing a white shirt open at the collar. He was driving a clean looking light blue cadilac. The driver's window was down so I motioned him to the curb. He stopped and stared at me. I explained he had been going the wrong way on a one way street. He stared at me. I explained that I intended to give him a warning, but would like to see his lic and reg. He stared at me. He didn't look drunk, excited, injured, nothing...he looked normal and calm. I asked again for his lic and reg. Nothing. I asked him to exit the vehicle. Nothing. I opened the driver's door and reached for him. That's when he brought the revolver up with his right hand. Crap. I'm leaning in and in no position to back out, or draw my own weapon, so I grabbed the gun with both hands and bent the gun back, bending his trigger finger with it. With that I was able to pull him from the vehicle and remove the gun, then cuff him. By then my partner was finished warning the other driver and was coming by. He looked at me like I had two heads. I explained the guy tried to shoot me. We put him in our car and when I went to find his reg I found a bullet hole in the front windshield. (couldn't see it because of the headlights when he first approached.)
    Later on we found out he had an arguement with his girlfriend, went to the park, put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. It didn't fire, so he held aimed at the front windshield and pulled the trigger again. Blam. That scared him so he rode around. When he saw us turn he went the wrong way intenetionally so we would stop him and have a gun fight (suicide by cop). When I approached him smiling he changed his mind, until I went to pull him from the car. I checked his gun, it had one round where the firing pin hit the primmer, but didn't go off. then one spent round and four live rounds.
    (luckily they held my beer for me.)
    Anyway, grabbing the gun and bending the trigger finger was the first defensive move they taught us in the academy. Worked for me. :)
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

it's whatever you practice; just like a plan, one that is well rehearsed is far more effective than a better one that is not practiced/learned.

I do like his little system/ditty there, it's pretty straightforward; thanks Skullfr

I've done all kinds of different stuff thru the military, mostly ju-jitsu but dabble in Systema, or Russian martial arts, by far the most effective and practical I've ever tried and practiced. It may look hokey (and some of it kinda is) but most is very effective. It's all about movement as defense and being very very fluid. The great part is that you wear regular street clothes rather than ghee's or some impractical dress and there's not really any levels like 'belts', someone first timing can roll with Vladimir himself and both will get quite a bit out of it.

Exploration of movement, real strikes and kicks, you learn to avoid them fast! It does hurt but a shot or two of wodka afterwards helps! After a session, you feel like an unstoppable machine. Lots of blades and weapons too, even handcuffs and POW escape type techniques.
  16. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

this reminds me of the movie 'The Horseman', that guy uses garden hoses, flower pots, chairs, anything and everything to beat up or kill on his revenge mission throughout the film. Highly recommend it if you wanna see some good revenge.
  17. skullfr

skullfr New Member

this is exactly why I like this technique.It is simple and does not require a black belt but practice.I have beat up my poor son learning this.It is hard to find techniques for wheelchair combat.I may not have mobility but still have great upper strength.Most systems require mobility but there are still good methods of hand to hand.
  18. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Brings to mind a magazine disconnect, and someone disarming us. The only time a M-D makes sense.