a good revolver for carrying

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Jeepdude90, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Alot of the time I carry the same gun as Carver only mine is DA/SA. Also the same ammo. If I'm not carring this than I carry my Ruger LCP.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Winchester Silver Tips are frangable bullets, they won't give you the penetration that is needed on a bear, or mountain lion, and possibaly not in a human! My advice is to skip the Silver Tips all together! Even Winchester doesn't recomend the Silver Tips in a .44 Mag, for anything larger than deer! The 310gr. Garrettts will do the job, and do it well! http://www.winchester.com/Products/...per-x/silvertip-hollow-point/Pages/X44MS.aspx
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Currently, carrying the S&W 638, which I really like. Was carrying the LCR but my daughter appropriated it. I do have a Ruger LC9 which I am becoming familiar with that might be a suitable subcompact for carry. I have a Taurus Slim 709 next to me in my lazy boy as I type this. Like it alot.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

It was a great pistol and i loved the snub barrel. A 686 is a great revolver
  5. revolvers&w

revolvers&w New Member

Model 66 owb and a mode; 642 or 042 in vest pocket.
  6. Old John

Old John New Member

After carrying a 2.25", Ruger Sp101, .357 mag., for 8+ years, in an OSW high ride pancake holster, I decided I needed a Ruger LCR, when they came out. Early on the only ones available at my LGS was the .38 special model. So, I bought that.
    It is great for a pocket gun, in my Wrangler jeans or my slacks. But, when the .357 models came out, I had to have one of those also.

The .357 Mag. LCR is a little heavy for me, in my pocket. But it fits great in the same holster I use to carry my SP101 in. And, it's about 10 or 12 oz. lighter, too.

So now, my EDC is an LCR, either a .38 in my pocket or a .357 mag. LCR on my belt.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I am carrying a Jennings .22lr auto in a small holster in my pocket. I would like to have better when my finances improve. But until now it will suffice. I have .38 Specials located all over the house in the ready if I need 'em. I just got an inside the pants holster for a 4" .38 Special that was on Ebay for $13.00. It does the job when I go out in the world.
  8. franco45

franco45 New Member

I carry a 642 in a Desantis pocket holster in the winter. I just bought a 3 inch SP101 and it will be worn iwb when I find a good holster. I also pocket carry an LCP with CT laser or Kahr cm9 in the spring and summer.