A GREAT dinner tonight!

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Pistolenschutze, Jul 20, 2008.

1. The wife asked me to make dinner tonight since she has to work the graveyard shift again at the hospital this evening. Problem was, what to fix? We haven't gone grocery shopping for a few days, so the cupboard was kinda bare. Fortunately, the fertile mind of the "master chef" was hard at work . . . :D

I decided on a meatloaf, but not just any meatloaf. I started with 3 lbs of hamburger, mixed in a cup of Shooter45's special BBQ sauce, added two chopped peppers (one medium, one HOT), a little salt, some bread crumbs, a few Quaker Oats, some sage, a little salt, a little pepper, tossed in some red onion, then plopped the load into a baking pan and cooked it for about an hour and a half, uncovered. When it was done (170 degrees internal), I coated the outside with a mixture of ketchup, dry mustard, liquid mustard, and brown sugar. Put it back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Trust me folks, you've never had meatloaf like that! Scrumptious!

Oh, and I also made up some smashed taters to go with it, along with some fresh sliced cucumber from the garden, soaked in wine vinegar and oil with chopped red onion. That lent a nice spice to the meal.

I think I ate too much. :eek::D
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

32 hours maximum, I could have been there to assist you..
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Ok now if you promise not to tell everyone I will let you into one of my secret recipes. What with the management being in Brasil for months at a time I have often, very often satisfied, no filled the kids with my Beans Surprise.

Per Plate: Two slices of toast, on one place baked beans, on the other two fried eggs.

Hit's the spot!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  4. You would have been most welcome, Tranter! :D
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Meatloaf sammiches for lunch next day. :):):) When I was raising the kids by myself, before FirstInLine came in to save us, I made many a pan of meatloaf. I became the master of one-pot meals.

Pops