A.H.Fox 20 gauge double shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 4bradfords, Oct 6, 2010.

1. 4bradfords

4bradfords New Member

I have a A.H.Fox 20 gauge double barrel shotgun with model# BE 201450 and was wondering if anyone could help me with a ballpark value on this gun.It has some nicks but nothing serious and looks like it has been shot very little.It has some initials on the bottom of the trigger ring so I think it may have been custom made.If you can help me please do!
  2. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

4bradfords,

A Fox BE grade 20 gauge double could be worth in the range of several hundred dollars to a couple thousand. All depends on condition of the gun and just as important, is it all original.

If the initials in the bottom of the trigger guard (trigger ring) are nicely done, that could have been done at the factory for the intended customer when the gun was built.

With serial number 201450, your Fox was made probably in the early 1920's.

Don't do anything to the gun other than maybe wiping it down. It's important to keep the gun in as near original condition as possible. Makes the difference in having a collectors gun or a shooter. Collector guns have more value.

Can you take some pictures? If you don't know how to post them, send them to me at and I will post them for you if you'd like. I would really like to see pictures of your Fox. My email address is in my profile.

Other info on the gun would be helpful: barrel length, single or double trigger, butt plate or recoil pad, etc. Any serious problems: cracked wood, rusty parts, serious dents in barrel, etc.

You can get a letter from the Fox Historian for about 50 bucks that will give you some details on the gun when it was built.

I would really like to hear more about your Fox.

Jolly