A.J.AUBREY

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Love Hunting, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Love Hunting

Love Hunting New Member

I have an A.J.AUBREY single shot SHOT GUN. On the barrel it says CHOKE BORED, On the top of the barrel it says MFG BY THE MERIDEN FIRE ARMS CO MERIDEN CONN PAT APPLIED FOR. Their isnt any serial numbers or anything. The stock has a duck flying over some marsh grass and the name of the manufacture is A.J. AUBREY. I was wondering what the value is for this shot gun. It is in great shape and the barrel breaks with ease when you push on the lever ! Please help ! Thanks !
  2. jondar

jondar New Member

A. J. Aubrey was a marketing executive employed by Sears, Roebuck & Co. or Meriden Firearms Co.for a few years before and after 1900. You don't say (I may have missed it) if this is a single or double barrel. At the time it was made it could have barrel (s) of fluid steel or Damascus twist. If fluid steel and usable a double could bring $150-$200. Single barrel fluid steel probably $75-80. If it's Damascus then it's a decorative piece.