1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

A little heads up.

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by RickN, Jan 25, 2010.

1. RickN

RickN New Member

Just wanted to let you know that Sunrise Medical ( Quickie ) seems to be cutting back on the number of electric wheelchair models they offer. Many models are being discontinued so parts will start drying up before to long on some of these models.

Like many companies in the industry they seem to be streamlining their products because of an uncertain future with the healthcare bill, and economy. I doubt they are in any danger of going out of business but if you use a Quickie powerchair you might want to make sure it is still offered and if not try to get a stock of any parts you use a lot.
  2. WildBill69

WildBill69 New Member

I've been told the Quickie power chairs aren't that good anymore. I have a Invacare Torque. 2 1/2 years old. Nothing but trouble. Chin control died the first day, wires for the tilt got pinched and broke a month later, actuator replaced twice, drive motors replaced twice, defective rear shocks (replaced three times and still are almost bottomed out). IDK

Bill
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

What about those rascals on tv?
    Any good...
  4. RickN

RickN New Member

Quickie had some real trouble with motors for awhile. Mainly stripping the shafts. I have not heard of this happening in over a year.

I have had great luck with all the Invacare's through the years, but some of the ad-on specialized seating and controls have been garbage. For a good basic chair I do like Invacare, for more specialized the 21st Century Bounder H-frame is the way to go especially if you want power and speed.

I hate Electric Mobility Rascals with a passion. I did some work with them years ago and now I refuse to even let them in my shop. The equipment itself is OK, nothing great but OK. The problem is the company lying to customers, pushy sales people, etc.

http://www.edmond-wheelchair.com/reviews,_electric_mobility.htm
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  5. WheelinHunter4570

WheelinHunter4570 New Member

Probably the best chair I've ever had was an Omega trac I had that chair for over 10 years and very seldom did it break up until recently when I was just unable to fix it anymore so now it just sits in the corner. I use a pride quantum 600 now, at first I thought I wouldn't like it, but after putting it through its paces it has been a really good chair. But I really liked the front wheel drive of the Omega trac.
  6. herohog

herohog New Member

I have a Quickie self-powered wheelchair and LOVE it. It is comfortable, stores well and is light. The VA got it for me and I am VERY grateful for it!
  7. SFC

SFC New Member

I have the HD Jazzy from the Scooter Store of course is was paid for by Medicare. I do have a wheel chair from VA along with leg braces.