A message for anyone who creates computer viruses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gad1111, Oct 20, 2011.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Eset Smart Security gets my vote, which is Nod 32.
  2. gad1111

gad1111 Member

Thanks for the info Jack404, and I already switched to avast. Funny thing, after I reinstalled windows I put avg back on until I found something else. I ran avg's whole comp scan and it came back clean. I installed avast, ran the scan and came back with about 20 infected files.:eek:
  3. netexasemt

netexasemt New Member

I've always had good luck with Norton.
  4. medalguy

medalguy Member

My father in law who is 90, surfs all kind of web sites, looking for games, political crap, that sort of stuff. He has been caught with no less than six-- SIX-- speed-up programs on his computer. We got tired of reformatting his drive, so we installed a mirrir drive, loaded Windows clean on both drives, then disconnected one drive. Now when he gets a virus or too much crap on the computer, we just reconnect the first drive, wipe the second drive clean, reinstall Windows on the second one, then disconnect the first drive again. Takes just a few minutes and he has a nice clean drive again.
  5. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Very smart move, but extremely humorous.
  6. bmpeele

bmpeele New Member

Really? I thought it was because no one cared enough to make one for it.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Same concept, basically... Haha! ;)
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Not to mention you can buy a PC for every bedroom for the price of one Mac.
    And hardware fails on a Mac same as it does on a PC, a tv and a toaster oven.
  9. polamalu43

polamalu43 Member

I'm on the net every day, often for hours. No matter what you do or where you go, there can be something lurking. I've even got infections from Drudge Report linked articles. Of course if you visit "naughty" websites, it's only a matter of time. I have tried all of the free programs, including AVG, Avira, Avast, plus all of the free spyware programs. I've had up to ten or more programs on my PC at one time to try to limit the garbage. I am here to tell you----no freeware program has ever worked for me. Most don't work in real-time. They may detect something if you run a scan after the bug is already in your system. That's no good. You may not be able to remove the infection with freeware. I work for a company that sells technology. What's been recommended to me by those who know is Kaspersky. I bought Kaspersky Pure ($90). Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets by it. It detected a bunch of infections the free programs never even caught. It will detect and remove (or just deny access) anything it detects. Very user-friendly and easy to use. Prompts you to update at least every couple of days, so your protection is always current. Free is good, but I was always getting infections, including really nasty ones. I am sold on Kaspersky. I can finally feel secure online. The version I bought can be used on up to 3 PC's in the same home. It works.