A Modest Proposal

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by SaddleSarge, Dec 24, 2008.

1. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Received this from a buddy and thought it was pretty good:

2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Funny SaddleSarge, but I hardly believe the genuine disagreements we have in this country could be resolved with such good humor.
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Liberals are just like muslims, they want to force their will on everyone else.
  4. JDS

JDS Former Guest

Good idea!!

Lettuce let the "red states" go their way. By not having to subsidize these mostly floundering places, the "real America" would be far better off.

Y'all can leave investment in stuff like education, public infrastructure and etc. to your booming private sector.......and without the currently available benefit of federal subsidies, these backward areas would fall even farther behind, and in a few generations, perhaps, even literacy would become unusual.

Without federal subsidies from "Red" states, Medicare would be unavailable, so everybody would go broke and die by age 65....Of course Social Security Insurance would be discontinued, so perhaps that'd be a "Blessing."

What sort of government would you have? You'd need to pick a "state religion?" Would that be Pentacostalism? Could the government perform exorcisms?
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Not quite how I would slice it up, but the premise is sound. ;):D
  6. Deathbunny

Deathbunny Former Guest

Noooooooot quite. Us liberals (yep, liberal gun-toters are out there) don't go in for car bombs.
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

x
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I can believe that. I remember seeing the black panthers on tv with AK47's.