A new Ruger LCR for me

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gdmoody, Aug 23, 2009.

1. davera

davera New Member

Friend of mine bought his wife a new Ruger LCR, at a gun show. Felt great and very small and light. But she put it down after firing it twice, and said "I'm sorry, I just don't like it". Have seen some pretty big men at a gun range also say that it beat's the crap out of your hand. It's a great idea, just too small for the caliber. Difficult to shoot accurately.
  2. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

Got me one 447.23 academy removed the front sight,and will install hiviz green and take it to the range this weekend. If I really like it,will get a crimson trace
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have had mine for over a year now. I have probably only put 300 round through it and I still love it. I have not bought any other holster for it so I still use the Desantis pocket one.

I took it out shooting last week and while firing it, I thought I had developed a problem with it. Each time I would open the cylinder to extract the spent cases, it would be just a little harder to open. Then the cylinder would not open at all. I thought of the problems that other folks said that they had with the LCR and I thought "Oh Crap, I guess it is my turn". I laid it down and shot something else for a while and then came back to it. I thought about it and decided I would look at the ejector rod and discovered that it had been unscrewing a little each time I had fired the gun. I screwed it down a little until I could open the cylinder and then screwed it down tight. That fixed the problem, which really wasn't a problem at all, just lack of proper PM.
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

That's a fine revolver you have there gdmoody and good shooting as well!
    I personally like the LCR's and been looking at one to buy at a later date as a carry gun maybe. Nice and compact and does the job...and from your range report, accurate as well!
  5. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on that. IMO, to small for .357cal., or for me anyways. It would be a handfull!
  7. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

took my new lcr and my ruger gp 100 to the range yesterday and had a blast shooting both of my rugers no problems after 100 rds through the lcr. will get a ct soon.