A new skit: Operation Tiger Tail

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/29/01 10:26:51 pm)
    | Del All A new skit: Operation Tiger Tail
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If ya want to play,,,

HQ, VMBB
    APO SF 96222
    To: All assigned VMBB personnel
    Subject: Operation Tiger Tail

1. IAW attached Operations Order 1776, HQ, MACV, dtd 0900690901; this office is requesting the following:
    a. Volunteer officers to fill the requested team command positions. Applications will be forwarded as directed.
    b. Those officers will identify selected volunteers to fill the required team positions. Roster of personnel will be forwarded as directed, to include identifaction of RTOs and medical personnel. Military Police and base commo team personnel utilizied will be identified on a separate roster.
    c. All non-standard items of issue, to include ordinance and weapons will be forwarded as directed.
    d. All selected personnel will complete DA Form 41, Notification of Next of Kin, and personal wills, prior to deployment.

2. In that this is a Fast-React message, all necessary documents will be completed and forwarded to this HQ NLT 1600690903

For the Commander;

Stanley E Hutchison
    MSG Asst Adj.
    HQ, VMBB

Attached: 1 ea, Operation Order 1776, Subject; Operation Tiger Tail

Dist: 1 ea, all assigned personnel, VMBB

Attachment: DRAFT

FAST REACT TOP SECRET
    Headquarters, United States Army
    Military Assistance Command Vietnam
    APO SF 96222
    Operation order: 1776

This operation is designated: Operation Tiger Tail
    Classifaction: Top Secret
    G1- Personnel:
    a. Due to the extreme danger involved, this has been determined to be a voluntary assignment only. The commanders of each identified element will determine the number of personnel necessary to complete their assigned mission
    1.Element 1 Commander, Riverine Force (Mission Commander)
    2.Element 2 Commander, Infiltration Team 1
    3.Element 3 Commander, Infiltration Team 2
    4.Element 4 Commander, Infiltration Team 3
    5.Element 5 Commander, Helicopter Force
    6.Element 6 Commander, Reserve Team
    7.Element 7 Commander, Fixed Wing Aircraft

b. Due to the complexity and difficulty of this operation, it has been determined that all personnel will be selected from the elite VMBB team.
    c. All personnel selected will have completed the necessary next of kin notification forms and personal wills

G2- Intelligence
    a. 12 US POWs have been positively identified at the location indicated
    b. A battalion size unit has been identified at the location indicated
    c. Gen Huang Lie Pao, a high ranking PAVN has been positively identified at the location indicated.
    d. It has been verified the presence of a large number of PAVN personnel, estimated to be Regimental strength. moving rapidly in the direction of the indicated location. This unit is approximately 75 kilometers from the location.

G3- Operations
    a.This operation is designed with a twofold objective;
    1.First, and primarily, is the extraction of the 12 US POW servicemen
    2.Secondary, the capture of the PAVN General
    b. This operation will be a joint air/riverine operation
    c. This operation will involve a three element strategy
    1.A riverine force NLT 3 craft will infiltrate up the Song Ba River, extract the targeted personnel, and exfiltrate using any available means.
    2.An airmobile team of NLT 3 aircraft, with NLT 3 gunships to provide covering fire, will be on standby for emergence extraction.
    3.An air observer will monitor and coordinate

G-4 Supply & Logistics
    a.All necessary equipment, to include weapons and ordinance, is presently on site. It is stored at location Tango Zulu 429, Ton Son Nhut
    b.Any requested additional equipment/weapons/ordinance must be requested NLY 1700 690801

G-4 Supply & Logistics (Air)
    a.All required rotary and fixed wing aircraft are ready and presently available at location Tango Zulu 429, Ton Son Nhut
    G-4 Supply & Logistics (Riverine)
    a.All required water craft are ready and presently available at location Tango Xray, RVNF, Saigon

Mission: This operation is designed to extracted 12 American POW’s currently being held at a camp on the Song Ba River at grid location XXXXXX. This site is protected by approximately a Battalion size unit of PAVN. In addition, there is a high-ranking general of the PAVN who the infiltrating team will attempt to capture. It is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE this individual NOT be allowed to RETURN to his command. Due to the possibility of interference from a regimental size unit moving into the area, expediency is of the utmost importance.
    Infiltration and extraction procedures will be developed by the assigned misson commander.
    Fixed wing observation craft will be furnished as required.
    Security will be provided by the selected unit.
    Communications will be on common frequency
    This is a joint-service operation. All necessary coordination and cooperation with the involved services has been directed by CICMACV.

For the Commander

Robert W. Creighton
    LTC DCSOPS
    HQ, MACV
    TOP SECRET
    DRAFT

Edited by: nighthawk at: 8/30/01 12:34:44 pm

dap22
    Senior Chief Moderator II
    (8/30/01 7:19:29 am)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: A new skit: Operation Tiger Tail
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kindly resend in standard 5 paragraph Operations Order format.

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/30/01 9:40:30 am)
    | Del Re: A new skit: Operation Tiger Tail
    Ooohh...this should be fun!

Sharon

mt pari
    (8/30/01 10:30:24 am)
    Let me grab my toothbrush and I will be ready.......On the Road Again..Just can't wait to get on the road again..

oneknight
    (8/30/01 11:20:35 am)
    I just have one question.........is there gonna be a party
    at the end??????

Okay! Okay! I'll behave..................as far as you know!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/30/01 2:31:57 pm)
    Dap,,,in all honesty, I have only been involved with Op Orders a few times in my career(as is evident) and those times were as a respondent, and in a few cases, a contributer, but never as an originator. I must admit, my memory fails me as to the correct format,, been too long ago,,,
    anyway, I just wanted to get the plot of the skit out there, in a quisi-official mode,,,maybe I should have just done it as a MFR,,
    so,,,Mia Culpa,,,,Sin Loi,,,,(how's that for a mix?)

Stan H ,, nighthawk

Edited by: nighthawk at: 8/30/01 3:35:44 pm

dap22
    (8/30/01 3:23:05 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Stan........I was just jerking your chain, that's all. The way you've presented it is official enough........I'm in.

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/30/01 3:33:33 pm)
    As a non-combat arms soldier, Sgt Nighthawk still wants to volunteer for a positon with the standby reserve,,,he may not know much about combat, but he sure as hell knows about standing by,,,,and he ain't bad with the business end of the old M-16A1 and 1911-A1,,,usually if he can see it, and it's within range, he can put rounds on target

so,,here he is,,standing by for orders,,,,,10 full mags and a gut full of butterflys,,,

nighthawk

now,,who is going to stand up to the plate and take command of this group of jolly rangers???? 'Catch??,,Sr. Chief Wilborn??
    hummmmmmmmmmm??????

Edited by: nighthawk at: 8/30/01 4:39:44 pm

dap22
    (8/30/01 4:04:33 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    I nominate Colonel Donna Boom Boom Patton as the Commanding Officer.

oneknight
    (8/30/01 4:44:03 pm)
    Boom Boom retired after the last mission.....I'm afraid I have
    to decline the nomination, the uniform no longer buttons
    around my 44's..........

dap22
    (8/30/01 7:32:51 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Would PT help??

oneknight
    (8/30/01 8:21:27 pm)
    But I don't know any good PT's......

dap22
    (8/31/01 8:58:26 am)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Uh......Uh........Uh........well.........I'd volunteer!

oneknight
    (8/31/01 10:36:44 am)
    Exactly what is your point?????

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/01 4:16:32 pm)
    the S-1 NCOIC begans filling out the roster of volunteers humm,,,so far we have one troop looking for fun,one troop armed with a toothbrush, one looking for a party and in need of a litte "PM" (preventive maitanence) on her 44's, REMF with a loaded rifle,,,, and a chopper pilot,,, sorta short-handed so far,

All volunteers, ,,, FALL IN!!

Edited by: nighthawk at: 9/2/01 5:19:35 pm

dap22
    (9/2/01 6:40:49 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    After all, this is "The Army of One" isn't it??????????????

.........Be all you wanna be...............................